#DisneyMagicMoments: Create Magical Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets at Home with this Fan-Favorite Classic Disney Recipe
Looking to bring a little magic home while the Parks are closed? Then Disney has just the trick. Mickey Beignets! Yes, you read that right. A resort favorite is now available from New Orleans Square and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter from the comfort of your own kitchen. All you need is this recipe, a heaping helping of powdered sugar, and a love for our favorite pal, Mickey!
Mickey Mouse-shaped Beignets
10 large Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets or 2 dozen small beignets
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, egg, flour and boiling water in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll to 1/4-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse-shaped cutter or cut into 2 1/2 to 3-inch squares. Cover with a towel and let dough rise until doubled in size in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Using caution, heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side. Remove with tongs and place on paper towels to drain. Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Note: This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. As a reminder while preparing this recipe, please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
Looks for other recipes straight from Disney? Then check out the Disney Churro and Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast from Disney’s PCH Grill. And be sure to share the fun with Disney fans all over the world using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments
Thinking about a Disney getaway? There are fantastic 2020 bargains to be had and 2021 packages will be available in just a few short months! Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook and Instagram.
Source: Disney Parks Blog