Does Universal Orlando Survey Hint to Possible Changes Coming to Walt Disney World After Reopening?
The question on everyone’s mind right now is, “When is Walt Disney World reopening?” The second question is, “What precautions will be in place to keep Guests safe from COVID-19 once the Parks reopen?” While we don’t have the official answers to either questions, we can refer to a Universal Orlando survey that was recently sent to their Annual Passholders to gauge their interest in a number of safety measures.
According to the Universal Orlando survey, these are some of the changes we MIGHT see at the Universal Parks as well as the Walt Disney World Parks once they reopen:
- Touch-free payment for food, merchandise, and parking
- All Guests and employees must were masks
- Limits on park capacities
- Indoor attractions and shows closed
- Ride vehicles and seats required to wiped down between Guests
- Self-service food options eliminated
- Increased access to hand sanitizer
- Required temperature checks for all employees and Guests
- Removal of 3D glasses from attractions where offered
- All employees undergo a 15-minute COVID-19 test daily
- Guests seated every other row and every other seat for rides and attractions
- Strict social distancing guidelines (6 foot distance when in queues, table spacing at restaurants, mobile food ordering)
- Parades and fireworks suspended
- All Guests undergo a 15-minute COVID-19 test
- Implementation of virtual queues for most attractions
[Image Thread] Universal Orlando Survey on possible precautions for when they reopen from their extended closure due to #COVID19
— AllCentralFlorida (@AllCentralFla) April 18, 2020
It’s important to note that these are just simply ideas at this time for Guests to feel safe as they return to Universal Orlando and Walt Disney World Parks once they reopen. Nothing official has been announced by either Theme Park operators at this. Until, official guidelines are introduced, it’s just purely speculation.
Which measure(s) will make you feel the most comfortable to return to Walt Disney World when it reopens? Let us know in the comments below!
Has cabin fever set in and you ready to start planning your Disney vacation? Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by May 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket.