Bring the Magic Home: Winnie the Pooh Cupcake Cones Recipe
Looking to add a little magic to your daily quarantine cooking routine? Then, these Winnie the Pooh Cupcake Cones will help cure that ‘rumbly in your tummy’ when it gets close to dessert time!
This Winne the Pooh Cupcake Cones recipe makes eight servings. Here is the recipe:
Winnie the Pooh Cupcake Cones Ingredients
Egg Yolk Batter:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring
Egg White Meringue:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Dome molds
- Ice cream cones
- Melted milk chocolate
- Melted white chocolate
- Zip-top bag
Winnie the Pooh Cupcake Cones Directions
- Prepare egg yolk batter by whisking the egg yolks and sugar together until the sugar melts. Then, add in vanilla extract, oil, milk, salt, and yellow food coloring.
- Sift in cake flour and mix well.
- Then, prepare egg white meringue by whisking the egg whites with cream of tartar for 1 minute. Then, gradually pour in sugar and continue to whisk until firm peaks form.
- Scoop out 1/3 of the meringue and mix well with the egg yolk batter. Then, gently fold in the remaining meringue.
- Scoop batter into dome molds (they should be a little bigger than the ice cream cone opening).
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes, or when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool down completely before removing them from the mold.
- To make Pooh’s ears, use a knife to cut cake into slices. Then, use a pair of scissors to make his ears.
- Use melted milk chocolate to draw Pooh’s features. Place the chocolate in a zip-top bag, cut a small hole, pipe on parchment paper, leave in fridge to harden, and then peel off. (You can also pipe directly onto the cake but it will be messier.) Use icing to attach onto the cake.
- Coat rim of ice cream cone with melted white chocolate before coating with sprinkles. Be sure to make the frosting appear like it’s honey dripping from the cone. Then, assemble cake onto the cone.
- Add the ears. Use a knife to make two cuts on the area where the ears should be, and dip ears in a little frosting before inserting in. Serve immediately.
Do you plan to make the Winnie the Pooh Cupcake Cones? If so, make sure to share your creations with us in the comments below!
Has cabin fever set in and you ready to start planning your Disney vacation? Are you a teacher or someone on the front lines battling the virus? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. Plus, if you are a teacher or someone on the front lines fighting this virus, you will receive a Disney Gift Card when you book your Disney vacation package* with me by May 31, 2020. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
*Vacation package must be a minimum of 3 nights with a 3-day ticket.
Source/Image Credit: Disney Family