Celebrate National Grilled Cheese Day Disney-Style
As many of us are celebrating Easter today, did you also know that it’s National Grilled Cheese Day? Just in case you are tired of the same old holiday favorites, I have a delicious grilled three-cheese sandwich recipe to share with you today.
This particular grilled cheese version comes straight from Andy’s backyard. That’s right, it’s from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Let’s dive into the cheesy goodness…
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich from Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
To make it easier, I have the print-at-home version of this recipe right here!
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
If you decide to make yummy recipe, make sure to share your photos by tagging @MickeyBog_ using the hashtag #DisneyMagicMoments. This is just one more way that Disney is keeping the magic going for all of us kids at heart.
Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still many magical packages available for 2020! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!