Stuck Inside? Make Dinner As a Family With Walt Disney’s Own Chili Recipe
We love a good Disney-inspired recipe. With the kids home from school this week, I’ve been on the hunt for quick and awesome Disney dishes to make together as a family and I uncovered this beauty on D23.
This Chili Recipe is actually Walt Disney’s very own! Serve up a dinner just like he would in a few easy steps!
Walt’s Own Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs coarse ground beef
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cupped chopped celery
- 1 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 large can solid pack tomatoes
- 2 lbs dry pink beans
For Extra Zest:
Add a pinch of the following spices
- 1 little yellow Mexican chili pepper
- Coriander seeds
- Chili seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Dry Ginger.
- Soak beans overnight in cold water.
- Drain, add water to cover (2 inches over beans) and simmer with onions until tender (about 4 hours).
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce by browning meat and minced garlic in oil. Add remaining ingredients, and simmer for 1 hour.
- When beans are tender, add sauce to beans and simmer for 1⁄2 hour.
Serves 6 to 8
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more ways to add a bit of Disney magic to your days at home!
Disney Theme Parks May Be Currently Closed But Did You Know You Can Plan A Disney Getaway Through Until the End of 2020? Don’t let Coronavirus put a damper on your Disney plans. Reach out today to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook