Disney Temporarily Waives Change Fees in Wake of Coronavirus Outbreak
If the Coronavirus outbreak has caused or is causing you to rethink your Walt Disney World and Disneyland vacations, I have some important news to pass along. Disney has just released the following statement in regards to change fees:
The following applies only to package booking made directly with the Walt Disney Travel Company. (If you booked through a Travel Agent like myself, this does apply to your package as well)
- Until further notice, the Disney-imposed $50 change fee has been waived for Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort packages. Up until now, change fees were only imposed if you made a change to your package that caused a decrease in price within 30 days of your arrival date.
- Changes are subject to availability, and the Guest is responsible for paying any increase in price resulting from the change. In addition, any change fees assessed by third-party hotels or suppliers must be paid, and some products or services may be non-refundable. If air transportation has been ticketed, the Guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare, as well as any change fee assessed by the airline.
- For clients who purchased travel insurance, there is an updated policy in effect until further notice: up until 24 hours prior to arrival, Guests may modify their arrival dates and maintain coverage under the protection policy as long as there is not a claim on the original travel dates.
- Some events and dining experiences may not be offered on the new dates and may be non-refundable.
- This temporary policy does not apply to changes made for groups, meetings, and other room block bookings.
- If a vacation is canceled, all applicable change fees continue to apply.
- To change or cancel a Walt Disney World Resort reservation within the next 30 days, please call the Walt Disney World Resort call center at (407) 934-7639 or your Travel Planner.
Is the Coronavirus affecting your Disney vacation plans? Let us know in the comments below.
Already getting cabin fever and ready to start planning your Disney vacation? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney