Create A Little Disney Magic At Home With This Plant-Based Cookie Fries Recipe From Beaches & Cream
We’ve been talking a lot in 2020 about the steps Disney Chefs are taking to provide menus with more plant-based options. As a matter of fact, hundreds of plant-based menu options will be implemented at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. One location where you can already find some delicious plant-based options is Beaches & Cream Soda Shop at Disney’s Beach Club Resort.
One of our favorites on the menu is the plant-based cookie fries. Similar to biscotti, these chocolate chip cookie sticks come with several dipping sauces including marshmallow cream, chocolate and strawberry. And now, thanks to a little help from Disney you can conjure up this delicious treat at home!
Check out the recipe here:
Recipe Plant Based Cookie Fries
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
And next time you’re at Disney World be sure to stop by Beaches & Cream to sample some of the other plant-based options on the menu. This includes a plant-based burger that comes with caramelized balsamic onion jam, plant-based mayonnaise on a house-baked multi-grain bun and the plant-based loaded tots (pictured above) topped with green onions, plant-based chilli and almond milk cheese!
Readers are also encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for even more delicious Disney goodies!
Thinking about a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE-no obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook