UPDATE: Disney Cruise Line Policy Updates for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
UPDATED (March 6, 2020 at 3:40 PM EST) Disney has updated their previously announced policy to allow for more flexibility for guests wishing to change their sale date. See the section titled “Change Policy” below.
Just moments ago, many guests and Travel Agents began to receive emails regarding the Disney Cruise Line policy regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Disney Cruise Line has been taking proactive steps to keep all guests and crew members safe and healthy. However, there have been some changes to the existing policy to further protect everyone.
The following policy is directly from Disney Cruise Line.
Disney Cruise Line Policy
- As is always our practice, we screen all guests and crew members before they board. Anyone who feels unwell with gastrointestinal or flu-like symptoms (fever over 100.4º F, chills, cough or difficulty breathing) will not be permitted to sail.
- As a reminder, any guest or crew member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of departure will not be able to board our ship
- Additionally, any guest or crew member who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to board, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with COVID-19, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure. Guests who have air travel booked through Disney Cruise Line will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
Major Policy Changes
- Beginning Friday, March 6, all guests and crew members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
- If your client’s cruise includes a stop in Nassau or Castaway Cay, please note that The Bahamas will not allow anyone to disembark in any Bahamian port if they have been to China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 20 days prior to arrival. These guests and Crew Members may be able to sail but will be unable to visit The Bahamas.
- If your client’s cruise includes a stop in Jamaica, please note that in addition to the locations noted above, officials there also will not allow guests who have traveled from, to or through Singapore within 14 days of arrival to disembark. These guests will be unable to sail.
- Finally, guests scheduled to sail between now and May 31, 2020, can now change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
- Travel agents with guests currently booked on European cruises through a July 25, 2020 departure date can change their guests’ reservation up until the day before the guests’ embarkation and the guests will receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
- Alternatively, guests currently booked on July 13, July 18 and July 25 European sailings in 2020 may delay their final payment to 30 days prior to the sailing.
At this time Disney Cruise Line is anticipating high call volume, which means long waits. Please be patient as they work with everyone who has a booking during this timeframe. Be sure to contact your Travel Agent for any changes and further Disney Cruise Line Policy updates.
Let us know what you think of the Disney Cruise Line policy updates in the comments below.
Looking to plan your Disney Vacation? Why not get the FREE help of an expert! Contact me today to start planning! Fill out the form for a free quote and all the best Disney insider tips once we start planning. For more information, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow me on Facebook, or call (716) 393-8806. As a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum-Level, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner) I offer a full range of complimentary planning services for all Disney Destinations (Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, Adventures by Disney). Let’s make your Disney dreams come true!