Take a Closer Look At The Roarsome Treats at the Rivers of Light Dessert Party
Here at MickeyBlog we love a good dessert party! We think they’re the perfect way to enjoy a bit of VIP treatment, sample delicious and creative Disney treats and enjoy incredible sightlines for some of your favorite evening shows!
Our MickeyBlogger was on the scene yesterday having a totally roar-some time at the Rivers of Light dessert party and snagged some awesome images of the amazing food and drink you’ll find at this event.
Let’s take a look!
The Rivers of Light Dessert Party takes place at the Rivers of Light Asia Viewing Area terrace entrance.
This Dessert Party location is just across from Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.
The Dessert Party is open for about 90 minutes during which guests can enjoy an impressive spread of beverages including alcoholic and soft drinks!
We’re huge fans of the Asian Chai Tea made with Absolut Citron Vodka, Sweet-and-Sour and Chai Tea!
There’s also the Tiger Lily made with Bacardi Superior Rum and Strawberry With Orange, Lime and Pineapple Juice.
These Tiger Cake Push Pops had to be one of our favorite treats of the night!
And these stunning Chocolate Pots De Creme were almost too beautiful to eat!
The Pineapple Bars were a lovely (almost Dole Whip) flavored taste of the islands!
There were even mini green tea cakes fashioned after Animal Kingdom’s iconic Tree of Life.
The Lotus Blossom cupcakes added a stunning splash of color and pay homage to Rivers of Light!
The Yoghurt Panna Cotta was another highlight and came doused with honey and topped with coconut almonds!
For those looking for a light bite, cheese and nuts were available.
As well as a nice selection of seasonal fruit!
Last but not least there was a wide array of Mickey cookies in stunning exotic patterns.
Here’s a quick look at the drink station featuring iced tea, water and juice.
More About the Rivers of Light Dessert Party
Add a sweet ending to your day with tasty treats and a breathtaking show.
First, join the fun prior to Rivers of Light at the Rivers of Light Asia Viewing Area terrace entrance, located across from Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Enjoy exclusive access to the terrace, where you can delight in a bountiful buffet of themed desserts and savory snacks. Raise a glass to toast your day of theme park adventures—and the brilliance to come. Drink selections include speciality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, iced tea, lemonade and water.
As showtime nears, Cast Members will escort you to a reserved seating area where you can enjoy exceptional views of this captivating nighttime display. Be swept away in a timeless show that celebrates the beauty of all things bound together by Earth and spirit—past, present and future.
- Now through January 31, 2020: $79 per adult (ages 10 and up); $47 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
- Starting February 1, 2020: $89 per adult (ages 10 and up); $53 per child (ages 3 to 9), tax included
- Gratuity not included or required
- Separate Disney’s Animal Kingdom park admission required
Please note that the menu items are subject to change and the experience may be changed or canceled without prior notice.
Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made on this page up to 180 days prior to your visit. Same-day reservations can be made on a limited basis and are subject to availability.
Learn important information about the Rivers of Light – We Are One Dessert Party.
- Check-in location is at the Rivers of Light Asia Viewing Area terrace entrance, located across from Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.
- On rare occasions, evening entertainment may be rescheduled or canceled. Please consult the entertainment schedule at least 2 weeks prior to arrival to reconfirm showtime.
- It is highly recommended that Guests check the schedule again upon arrival at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Event Party Identification—issued at check-in—is required when participating in the Rivers of Light – We Are One Dessert Party.
- The event will run for approximately 90 minutes (60 minutes prior to the show begins until the show ends).
- Guests must be at least 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please keep a valid form of identification on hand at all times to verify your age.
- Guests who do not cancel their reservation within 120 hours of the event will forfeit the entire ticket price.
- All menu items and event experiences are subject to change without notice.
- This is an uncovered outdoor venue. In case of inclement weather the dessert party will be held at Flame Tree BBQ dining area.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for even more “roarsome” adventures!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook