Tips for Visiting Disneyland with Toddlers
Disneyland is loved by children and adults of all ages. But, at its core it is for children. Little ones who are still embedded in that world of imagination Disney is founded on. Young children’s reactions to Disneyland and its characters is one of the most wonderful sights to see. Disneyland is kid-friendly, with hotels within walking distance so afternoon naps are easy, and rides that even the littlest princes and princesses can ride. Here are some tips for taking your toddler to Disneyland directly from the Disneyland News.
- Baby Care Centers: In Disneyland Park at the end of Main Street, U.S.A. and in Disney California Adventure Park at Pacific Wharf, guests will find complimentary Baby Care Centers. These comfortable staffed locations offer nursing rooms, changing rooms, feeding areas, microwaves and more.
- Family-friendly restrooms: Families will find companion restrooms conveniently located throughout both parks. With six companion restrooms at Disneyland, and four at Disney California Adventure, parents have convenient options with this public restroom alternative.
- Secured items: Four locker locations are available for storing valuable items during a visit, with two in the main entrance plaza, one on Main Street, U.S.A. at Disneyland and another on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure. Parents of young children may benefit from this service by safely stowing items they do not wish to leave in their stroller.
- Renowned guest service: Guests will find friendly cast members ready to answer questions at City Hall in Disneyland and the Chamber of Commerce in Disney California Adventure. Parents will appreciate conveniently located information boards featuring attraction wait times at the end of Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland, and at the end of Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure. Guest relations kiosks are located throughout both parks, with supplies of park maps and time schedules.
Attractions for Toddlers
Top attractions for toddlers: Families will find countless fun, age-appropriate shows and attractions for preschool-aged children upon their visit. Some of the many options include:
- Alice in Wonderland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Royal Theatre at Fantasy Faire
- “it’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Goofy’s Playhouse
- Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
In Disney California Adventure:
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters (32″/81 cm or taller)
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- All the Resort’s a stage: Parents of small children will find entertaining Character Shows are some of the best opportunities to enjoy quality time with the family in an experience that’s mesmerizing for every age. For some children, the shows at Disneyland Resort are their first experience with live music and theater. Performances are scheduled daily, including the stage production “Mickey and the Magical Map” at Disneyland and “Frozen—Live at the Hyperion,” and “Disney Junior Dance Party!” with Vampirina at Disney California Adventure. Parades offer families and friends an opportunity to take a break, and watch characters and entertainment pass right in front of them.
- Magical meetings: Some favorite spots for Character Encounters are Fantasy Faire, where Disney Princesses interact with guests, and Mickey’s House and Minnie’s House in Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland; and Cars Land where Mater and Lightning McQueen can be found cruising through Radiator Springs, and in Hollywood Land at Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome at Disney California Adventure.
- Character dining: Parents and preschool-aged children may enjoy a tasty meal in the company of a favorite character such as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy or Donald Duck at the Disneyland Resort. Five locations currently offer character dining experiences: Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, Goofy’s Kitchen at Disneyland Hotel, Plaza Inn at Disneyland and Storytellers Café and Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, featuring Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’m here to help you with everything you need to make your Disney Vacation Magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Renee@MickeyTravels.com or follow along on Facebook.