Aulani Ranked Best Family Hotel In the United States By U.S. News and World Reprt
It’s official Disney friends! Aulani has just been voted the Best Family Hotel in the entire United States by U.S. News & World Report! This coveted distinction was based on the hotel’s amenities, reputation among Travel Professionals, guest reviews and hotel class ratings.
It’s no wonder that Aulani was awarded for its legendary service and enchanting experiences! A stay at Aulani has something unique to offer family members of all ages and is sure to create memories for your (‘ohana) for many years to come!
Let’s take a look at some of these awesome amenities:
Aunty’s Beach House: This interactive kids club offers a variety of complementary activities (with childcare included). It’s perfect for kids from ages 3 to 12. There’s even offerings for Toddlers and their parents during the Open House hours.
‘Ohana Disney Movie Nights: Take a seat on the Hālāwai Lawn and watch family-friendly Disney movies under the stars. There’s even pre-movie trivia competitions for those arriving early!
Mo‘olelo Fire Pit Storytelling: Guests of all ages gather ’round a fire for a night of enchanting tales told by one of Aulani’s master storyteller. Mo‘olelo Fire Pit Storytelling is held at a fire pit located between the Waikolohe Valley pool area and ʻAMA‘AMA restaurant.
Pau Hana Room Community Hall: This comfy hangout is before for enjoying board games, arts and crafts, books and Disney family movies, the Pau Hana Room has everything needed for family fun!
Aunty’s Beach House features Disney fun with games, arts & crafts and activities that change with each day’s special theme— offering kids the opportunity to channel their inner Super Hero, celebrate the islands of Hawai’i and much more.
- Sunday – Makahiki, a Time for Fun & Games- Its Makahiki season, a time to celebrate the abundance of the earth and participate in friendly competition. Come experience traditional Hawaiian games and crafts. We’ll add some modern games and fun as well!
- Monday – Mo’olelo ka’ao “Stories of Old” –Learn about the stories of Hawaii that are brought to life at Aulani and rooted in the culture of the islands.
- Tuesday – Marvel Super Hero – Unmask your inner Super Hero Marvel style, with a little help from your Aunty’s Beach House friends.
- Wednesday – Rhythm of the Islands – Come celebrate the music and dance of our islands.
- Thursday – Villainous Fun – Stop by and partake is some wicked crafts, games and sorcery inspired by our favorite Disney Villains.
- Friday – E huli i nā Menehune “To Find the Menehune” – Join us as we search to discover what mischief the Menehune have caused in Aunty’s Beach House.
- Saturday – Sugar Rush – Indulge in some sweet looking crafts, games and activities that will test your skills, as Aunty’s transforms into Sweet Central.
For an additional fee, these highly interactive activities showcase the wonders of Hawai‘i—and include souvenir keepsakes. The following Premium Experiences and their components are subject to change:
Kakamora Chaos with Moana – Spend a fun-filled 90 minutes interacting and playing traditional Hawaiian children’s games with a special guest from across the sea—Moana! Plus, Moana will teach her new friends a game from her home island of Motunui—the Kakamora Relay!
SURF’S UP! – A Surfin’, Fishin’ and Dancin’ Party! – Shake a fin and party with some of your favorite Disney Pals with some fun-filled surfing and fishing activities—plus boogie to your favorite surfin’ tunes! Activities include:
- Play surfing games with Chip ‘n’ Dale
- Decorate your own mini wooden surfboard
- Learn about colorful Hawaiian fish with Goofy
- Dance with your Disney Pals
Fish Are Friends – Little ones love this up-close encounter with the colorful tropical Hawaiian fish of Aulani Resort! During this experience, children can:
- Learn how animal specialists train, feed and care for the marine life at Aulani Resort
- Prepare fish food and feed it to the fish
- Enjoy lunch
- Receive a DVD of Disneynature Oceans and a “Fish Are Friends” logo cinch bag
Activities for Teens and Tweens
- Island Beach Challenge: At the beach, teenage guests team up to compete in a series of physical challenges and fun games. It’s a great way for younger guests to meet new friends at Aulani Resort.
- Island Treasure Photo Hunt: Teens love this interactive photo hunt around Aulani Resort! Later, guests exchange their documentation for a key that could unlock a treasure chest of prizes.
- Ki‘i One (Sand Sculpting):At the beach, teenage guests learn basic sand-sculpting techniques. After a little training, they face off in competition to determine the best sand sculptor!
Also be on the lookout for other teen programs available, such as Teen Aloha House Party, Teen Animation, Teen Sunset Mele, Teen Hoʻokani Pila.
KA WA‘A – A Lū‘au at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Definitely set aside some time to enjoy the unforgettable evening of family entertainment. Held at the Hālāwai Lawn the highlights of this incredible evening includes:
- Pre-show activities, including traditional arts such as kapa printing, flower arranging, temporary kakau tattoos and paʻi ai taro pounding.
- Lū‘au introduction and oli (chant) welcome.
- Buffet dining, including a carving station with suckling pig and prime rib, fresh local seafood, and authentic island fare, plus family-friendly offerings, kids’ selections and a decadent dessert bar.*
- Lū‘au performance—an enchanting, often breathtaking production that brings the legends and lore of ancient Hawai’i to life.*
Pools and Amenities
- Beach: Stroll the soft sands, make a splash in the Pacific Ocean or unwind in a beach chair (complimentary to Aulani Resort guests).
- Waikolohe Stream: Enjoy 2 tubing adventures from atop Puʻu Kilo at Waikolohe Valley: rapids that twist through caverns and a lazy river that glides gently along the Hawaiian landscape.
- Waikolohe Pool:This 8,200-square-foot, zero-entry pool offers refreshing fun for all ages. Enjoy splashtacular slides and pool parties with some Disney Characters.
- Ka Maka Pool: This beautiful infinity-edge pool features a whirlpool and a themed grotto.
- Wailana Pool: Separated from the lively main pool, this adult-exclusive pool area is a relaxing retreat.
- Menehune Bridge: Located within the Waikolohe Valley, this interactive area is designed for younger guests and features two slides, a play structure and more!
- Keiki Cove: An interactive splash zone inspired by the tidal pools, this whimsical water playground is designed for kids ages five and under.
- Whirlpool Spas: Enjoy Aulani Resort’s variety of whirlpool spas for complete relaxation—and some offer beautiful sunset views.
Add to those incredible restaurants, a spa for both adults and kids, special excursions and incredible rooms and more and you can understand what the fuss is about!
Check out Aulani for Yourself and Save!
Book by May 8, 2020 for travel March 1 – June 13, 2020 and you can save up to 30% on 5+ consecutive-night stays or 25% on 4-night stays with Disney’s current Aulani Spring Offer!
Starting to plan your Aulani vacation is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels. Book before February 29, 2020 and I’ll even throw in a FREE Disney Gift Card!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook