Get a Character Makeover for Grown-Ups With Character Couture
If you’re over the age of 12 and gutted by the fact that you can’t get your very own princess makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique don’t worry! We’ve got another awesome alternative for you! Though it’s slightly under-the-radar, Disney has a makeover service dubbed Character Couture.
Under the service, you can live out your favorite Disney Fairy Tale. Makeover options include everything from magical Princess transformations to getting glammed up like some of Disney’s most nefarious baddies. You can even rock the dots like Minnie Mouse!
What Locations Offer Character Couture Makeovers
This service is offered at a handful of Walt Disney World Resort properties. This includes:
- The Salon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Salon by the Springs at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- La Vida Salon at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Ship Shape Salon at Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resort
- In-room services are offered for an additional fee at participating Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
What Services Are Offered?
A range of services can be offered during your Disney-themed transformation. Packages are as follows:
- Full consultation
- Hairstyle of your choice like cascading curls, intricate braids or an elegant updo
- Heat styling
- Select accessories available for an additional cost
Price: $75 ($60 for Guests 12 and under)
- Full consultation
- Cosmetic application to eyes, lips and cheeks―can be subtle or dramatic
- Note: Guests should arrive with the foundation already applied
Price: $50 ($40 for Guests 12 and under)
Price: $20 ($15 for Guests 12 and under)
In order to enjoy this service, you will need to book a hair styling and/or makeup session.
- Nail polish application
Price: an additional fee of $25 per reservation
This option is only available at participating Disney Resort hotels. Please call to find out more information.
What Type of Makeovers Are On Offer?
- Disney Princess: This can include but is not limited to Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Elsa, Merida, Mulan, Jasmine and Tiana
- Disney Villain: Some options include Cruella de Vil, Gaston, Hades, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Scar, Ursula
- Mickey & Friends: Why not opt to be made over as a member of the Fab 5. Options include Mickey, Minnie and Daisy.
- Galactic Defender: Cosplay during your visit to Galaxy’s Edge with Looks inspired by Ahsoka Tano, Darth Maul, Rey and Princess Leia
Bring your imagination: In addition to the options above, you can work with your stylists to come up with your very own look. When I’ve used the service in the past my family opted for looks inspired by Monsters Inc. and Alice in Wonderland!
How Do I Book?
The Character Couture package is popular so advanced booking is strongly encouraged. Reservations can be made by contacting your travel agent or calling 407.WDW.GLAM.
Know Before You Go
The length of your appointment can vary based on the options you choose. It can take 30 minutes for a basic updo up until 2 hours for a full makeover. Cancellations must be made within 6 hours of your appointment time or the full amount will be charged. The experiences is available for guests of all ages. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A 20% gratuity is automatically applied to all services. Additional gratuities can be added at your discretion. Annual Passholders, DVC and Visa cardholders are eligible for a 15% discount.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Disney news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Walt Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels! Book before February 29th and I’ll even throw in a FREE, Disney Gift Card!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook