2019 Central Florida Theme Park Injury Reports Released for 4th Quarter
Central Florida state reporting of theme park incidents and injuries have been released for the 4th Quarter of 2019. This covers events occurring October through December at Sea World, Busch Gardens, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Legoland. The Central Florida theme parks must provide these to the state in order to remain exempt from major inspection.
For the 4th Quarter of 2019, the 9 incidents and injuries reported occurred at Sea World, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and Busch Gardens. No incidents or injuries were reported at Legoland or Sea World this quarter.
- 10/5/19 – Star Tours, 39 year old female, guest with pre-existing condition felt dizzy and had trouble with equilibrium
- 10/8/19 – Star Tours, 66 year old male, guest with pre-existing condition was ill after experiencing the attraction
- 10/31/19 – Rock N Roller Coaster, 46 year old female, severe head pain, illness and vomiting after riding
- 12/10/19 – Space Mountain, 89 year old female, guest with pre-existing medical condition experienced temporary loss of consciousness
- 10/22/19 – Attraction not identified by patron, 30 year old male, chest pain
- 11/3/19 – Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, 57 year old female, motion sickness
- 12/13/19 – Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, 44 year old female, motion sickness
- 12/26/19 – Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, 78 year old male, knee injury
- 12/8/19 – Train, 67 year old male, bilateral knee pain
Please note only illnesses or incidents resulting in a hospital stay of 24-hours or more including deaths are reported.
Source Credit: Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services