In contrast to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s Hollywood Studios should be called my “home” park.
I loved its old incarnation of Disney MGM Studios — when it was a working production studio in Florida — on into the home of movie adventures from Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, and Lucasfilm.
And, while I miss “The Great Movie Ride” (perhaps my favorite attraction of all time), the establishment of “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” and “Toy Story Land” solidified my pure enjoyment of Disney’s third theme park in Florida.
Pics from Hollywood Studios
This is just a small selection of photos from the park:
- For the First Time in Forever
- Toy Story Mania!
- Guests can dance with Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone as part of An Incredible Celebration in Pixar Place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- In this artist’s rendering, Edna Mode showcases some of her greatest super suit creations. Guests will be able to meet Edna Mode starting Jan. 18, 2019, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort, as Pixar Place is transformed into a Metroville city block. (Disney)
- Guests will discover innovative and creative beverages from around the galaxy at Star Wars: GalaxyÕs Edge at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Blue Milk and Green Milk can be found at the Milk Stand. (David Roark/Disney Parks)
- “Wonderful World of Animation” is a new nighttime projection show debuting at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., May 1, 2019. This new cinematic experience uses state-of-the-art, projection-mapping technology to take guests on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation. (David Roark, photographer)
- Little green Aliens from Pixar Animation StudiosÕ Toy Story films pilot toy rocket ships in the Alien Swirling Saucers attraction in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The out-of-this-world attraction is inspired by Andy’s toy playset from the Pizza Planet restaurant. With multi-colored lighting and sound effects from throughout the galaxies, Walt Disney World guests swirl and whirl in the toy rocket ships while the Aliens try to get captured by “The Claw” that hangs overhead. (Steven Diaz, photographer)
- Belle and the Beast
- Fifty menacing First Order Stormtroopers await guests as they arrive in the hangar bay of a Star Destroyer as part of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, the groundbreaking new attraction opening Dec. 5, 2019, inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and Jan. 17, 2020, at Disneyland Park in California that takes guests into a climactic battle between the Resistance and the First Order. (Matt Stroshane, photographer)
- Guests celebrate opening day of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Aug. 29, 2019, with cups of Blue Milk and Green Milk. The frozen beverage is available inside the immersive new land at Walt Disney World Resort. (Matt Stroshane, photographer)
Video From MickeyBlog.com’s Greg Antonelle:
Coming to you LIVE from Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Posted by MickeyBlog.com on Saturday, January 25, 2020
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below and one of the agents from MickeyTravels, a Platinum level Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, will be in touch soon!