Boarding Groups Annoucned for Rise of the Resistance in Disneyland PLUS Tips for Navigating the Attraction and Land
Get ready because Rise of the Resistance is gong to open at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park in just one week! And, due to its extreme popularity at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, it was just announced today that Guests MAY be required to have a Boarding Group to access the ride.
If you are planning your strategy to ride Rise of the Resistance in Disneyland Park, then you are in luck! Here are eight tips to get in a boarding and explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during your visit.
1. Have the Disneyland App on Your Phone
If you are wanting to get in a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Disneyland Park, this is your first stop! Boarding Groups are accessible through the app when the park opens and allow you to utilize the popular mobile ordering feature at select dining locations while in the Land so you can get a bite to eat while you wait for your turn.
2. Plan Your Day at Disneyland Park Around the Rise of the Resistance
At this time, Disney is saying that Rise of the Resistance Boarding Groups will only be implemented if needed. However, we are expecting the ride to be just as popular if not even more popular when it opens at Disneyland Park. Boarding Groups are great though as they give you an assigned time to return to experience the attraction while allowing you to explore other areas of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
3. Getting in to a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group
This might be the most important tip of them all! Here’s how to get into a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group. Here are the procedures for getting one while in Disneyland Park:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
4. Make Reservations for Other Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Experiences
While you are waiting for your Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Disneyland Park to be called, make sure you have a reservation for Savi’s Workshop, Droid Depot, and/or Oga’s Cantina. At Savi’s Workshop, Guests can build their own lightsaber while at Droid Depot, Guests can craft their very own astromech droid unit. Stop by Oga’s Cantina to enjoy a delicious cold concoction. Reservations for these experiences open 60 days in advance.
5. Make Your Affiliation with the Rebellious Resistance or Intimidating First Order
Guests are invited to live out your Star Wars story and dress the part but make sure to keep all clothes inline with Disneyland’s Costume Policy. Costumes are not permitted for Guests 14 and older but there is always bounding!
6. Find a Friend to Ride with You
While you are waiting for your Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Disneyland Park, make a stop in Batuu’s marketplace to check out the Creature Stall. There you will find exotic creatures and critters from around the galaxy just waiting to accompany you on Rise of the Resistance!
7. Enhance Your Visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with the Star Wars: Datapad through the Play Disney Parks App
The Star Wars: Datapad is accessible through the Play Disney Parks app and allows Guests an interactive experience while waiting for their Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park. Those using the Datapad can choose to support the Resistance or First Order by selecting new jobs within the app as you move through the Resistance clearing towards the new attraction.
8. Enjoy a Refreshing Treat After You Disembark from Rise of the Resistance
After your life-changing experience on Rise of the Resistance in Disneyland Park make sure to re-fuel with a local delicacy in Batuu- Blue and Green Milk from the Milk Stand. The perfect snack to pair with your Blue or Green Milk? Sweet and Savory popcorn from Kat Saka’s Kettle, of course! There’s even a new chocholate popcorn with Crait Red Salt!
For additional tips and tricks and to start planning your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge , fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote to book your Disney vacation. When you book your vacation package with me by January 31, 2019, you will be entered to win a FREE Memory Maker/$169 vacation credit. All packages* will also receive a Disney Gift Card with your final travel documents.As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package and I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best rate available by Disney. I work with all Disney Destinations and destinations outside of Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog