Your Guide To Kid-Friendly Dishes at This Year’s Festival of the Holidays
We’re only a week away from the exciting start of the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays! This celebration of the Holiday Season includes festive entertainment, storytelling, Santa meet and greet, scavenger hunt and so much more! However, one of the most exciting offerings at this year’s fest is definitely the 13 Holiday Kitchens serving up seasonal specialities from around the World.
If you’re lucky enough to be visiting Epcot this Holiday Season then be sure to bring your appetites and save those snack credits to sample treats from around the globe! And let us just briefly dispell the notion that the festival kitchens only serve up dishes that adults will love. On the contrary, families will find many treats that have received the kids’ seal of approval.
To help you find kid-friendly eats, here’s a list of our favorites!
American Holiday Table
- Slow-Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce
- Hand-carved Smoked Ham with Green Beans and Sweet Potato Casserole
- Hot Cocoa
Bavaria Holiday Kitchen
- Potato Dumpling with Mushroom Sauce
- Cheese Fondue in a Bread Bowl with Fresh Steamed Baby Vegetables and Marble Potatoes
Feast of the Three Kings
- Pastelón: Sofrito-marinated Beef with Sweet Plantains and Olives
- Arepas topped with Melted Queso Fresco
- Coquito: Tropical Eggnog (non-alcoholic
Holiday Sweets & Treats
- Peppermint Sundae: Chocolate Ice Cream, Whipped Cream and Peppermint Candy (gluten-friendly)
- Hot Cocoa (non-alcoholic)
L’Chaim! Holiday Kitchen
- Potato Latkes with Sour Cream
Le Marché de Noël Holiday Kitchen
- Bûche de Noël au Chocolat: Christmas Log—Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Caramel Ganache
Las Posadas Holiday Kitchen
- Tamal de Pollo: Braised Chipotle Chicken served in a Corn Masa with Yellow Mole and topped with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Queso Cotija and Crema Mexicana
Shanghai Holiday Kitchen
- Pork and Vegetable Egg Rolls
Tuscany Holiday Kitchen
- Bianca Neve: Italian Flatbread, Mozzarella and Parmesan
- Collezione Barilla: Pennette Pasta, Sweet Sausage, Caramelized Onions and Creamy Sauce
Yukon Holiday Kitchen
- Maple Bûche de Noël: Maple Mousse rolled in Gingerbread Chiffon Cake with Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Crumble
Other Kid-Friendly Holiday Options
- Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie- Bûche de Noël au Chocolat: Chocolate Christmas Log with Chocolate Orange Cream Mousse and Chocolate Crunch Biscuit (kid-approved)
- Fife & Drum Tavern- Holiday Apple Pie Sundae with Soft-serve Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce and Crunchy Streusel Topping
- L’Artisan des Glaces – Glace au Pain d’Epices: Gingerbread Ice Cream with Gingerbread Pieces
- Refreshment Outpost- Warm Caramel Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce, Coca-Cola Cinnamon Float.
- Twinings Iced Christmas Toddy: Twinings Iced Christmas Tea with Honey (non-alcoholic)
Guests should note that kitchens are open daily from November 29 through December 30, 2019, from 11 am – 9 pm. Valid Epcot admission is required. Food and Beverage offerings require a separate purchase.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Disney World news and updates.
Thinking about a destination Christmas to Walt Disney World? There are still plenty of great deals to be had! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook