Make Some of Disneyland’s Much-Loved Festival of Holidays Recipes at Home
If you love the incredible eats and treats at Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure as much as we do then this is the article for you! With a little help from our friends at Disney, we’ve got the recipe for a few of Festival of Holidays’ much-loved dishes. So grab those recipe cards and make a little Disney magic in your own kitchen!
Vanilla Pear Mule
1.25 ounces vodka
4 ounces pear nectar
1 ounce vanilla syrup
2 ounces ginger beer
1 edible orchid, garnish
- Combine vodka, pear nectar, and vanilla syrup in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 16 oz. copper mule mug over fresh ice.
- Fill with ginger beer.
- Garnish with edible orchid.
Reuben Tots With Russian Dressing, Rye Toast Crumble
Serves 4 as an appetizer
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 1/2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 slices rye bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 pound tots, cooked according to package directions
1/4 pound corned beef, diced
1/2 cup sauerkraut
1 bunch chives, chopped
FOR RUSSIAN DRESSING:
Blend all ingredients in a blender. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR RYE CRUMBLE:
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Melt butter and garlic in small saucepan over low heat. Add salt.
- Toss rye cubes in butter and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, stir bread crumbs and bake additional 5 to 8 minutes, until toasted.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Pulse in food processor to make coarse crumble.
FOR REUBEN TOTS:
- Divide tots evenly among 4 dishes. Top with corned beef and sauerkraut.
- Drizzle Russian dressing on top. Sprinkle rye crumble and chives on top of dressing.
What to drink: Amber ale’s caramel flavor works well with the hint of spice.
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup jasmine rice
2 cups filtered water
¾ cup whole milk
¾ cup condensed milk
¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
¼ cup water
Dollop whipped cream
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Disneyland news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook