Space 220 in Epcot Still Looking For Executive Chef
If there’s one question I seem to get asked more and more as we near the end of the year It is when Epcot’s newest high-concept restaurant Space 220 will open to visitors. Disney has originally said that this new Future World eatery which will make diners feel like they’re dining in space complete with panoramic views would be opening in the Winter of 2019. However, it looks the eatery, managed by Patina Restaurant Group, is still looking for an Executive Chef.
As we reported earlier, Chef Theo Schoenegger was originally slated to take on the role. Chef Schoenegger left his role at Sinatra’s in Las Vegas before taking on the role of Executive Chef at Maria & Enzo’s and Enzo’s Hideaway also owned by Patina. However, back in September, it was revealed that Schoenegger instead decided to return to Sinatra’s in Vegas.
With that in mind, Patina currently has a job listing for the role of Executive Chef at the property meaning no one has yet signed on to fill Chef Schoenegger shoes as Executive Chef at Space 220.
As a matter of fact, here’s a look at the job listing currently listed on the Deleware North website:
Executive Chef -Space 220 Restaurant
Mission Control invites you to join the crew at Space 220 for an expedition like no other. The planets have aligned for you to be a part of the latest cutting-edge and out-of-this-world restaurant. Help ensure a smooth departure as guests blast off to enter the International Space Station suspended 220 miles above the Earth’s surface and assist in delivering an unmatched intergalactic dining experience. With stellar views and gourmet menu offerings, Space 220 is truly “The Height of Dining.”
We are looking for a talented Executive Chef who can reinterpret classics and dazzle guests with unexpected touches, while keeping in line with the Patina standards of scratch cooking and unparalleled execution.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Culinary on menu development, in line with our uncompromising commitment to technique and execution.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all chefs are following these standards.
- Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Assist and support in new unit openings
- Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment, and employee appearance – in accordance with Health Department regulations.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Have a superior knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as an Executive Chef in respected, upscale, high volume restaurants and/or experience as a Regional Executive Chef, Corporate Chef, or Multiunit Chef of several mid-volume concepts.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes, while utilizing local sourcing and on-site hydroponic garden.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Servsafe & Food Safety Handler required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating systems (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
We expect this to have a significant delay in Space 220 being up and running before year’s end though Disney has yet to make an official announcement regarding the matter.
This is a story that we here at MickeyBlog will be watching closely so keep following along!
Thinking about a destination Christmas to Walt Disney World? There are still plenty of great deals to be had! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook