What Items Can I Not Bring On A Disney Cruise?
Everyone wants to have a magical time on their Disney Cruise so in an effort to maintain a high level of safety for all their Guests, some items are prohibited from being brought on-board any of the ships and on Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island). Today I’m bringing you a listing of some of the most commonly asked about items to try and help your packing process.
As a reminder, if anyone attempts to bring any items classified as a “Prohibited Item” on-board, Disney Cruise Line does reserve the right to seize and secure any item deemed to be dangerous or pose a security or safety risk.
Here are just some examples of prohibited items:
- Guests should refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives or other related implements, as these items may not be brought onboard.
- Store-bought collapsible lightsabers may be brought onboard. Guests will not be allowed to bring homemade lightsabers onboard.
- Lightsabers built at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are not collapsible and, therefore, may not be brought onboard.
- Plastic toy ‘pirate’ swords may be brought onboard. Plastic toy swords are also sold in the merchandise shops onboard.
- Plastic store-bought toy “Mjolnir” hammers (Thor’s hammer) may be brought onboard.
- Loki’s scepter (staff) and/or Hawkeye’s bow and arrow may not be brought onboard.
- Black Panther claws/gloves with claws may not be brought onboard.
- Homemade or pre-cooked food items, open snack containers or any other perishable items cannot be brought onboard any Disney Cruise Line ship. Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention.
- Non-perishable, government approved snack food items may be brought onboard in their sealed, original packaging. These items may also be taken off the ship in the different ports of call, as well as when disembarking at the end of the cruise.
- Open bags or containers of snack items may not be taken off the ship or brought back onboard. Guests must either consume or throw away open snack food items before re-boarding the ship in any port of call.
- The below equipment (and other similar items) may not be brought onboard or on Castaway Cay because of safety concerns:
- Archery equipment
- Baseball and cricket bats
- Fishing gear
- Hiking or trekking sticks
- Hockey and lacrosse sticks
- Oar or kayak paddles (including collapsible paddles)
- Pool cues
- Ski poles
The above list are just the most commonly asked about items. For more information please click here to see Disney Cruise Line’s Full Prohibited Items List.
Ready to experience Disney Cruise Line for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019, 2020, and 2021 itineraries available! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!