Check Out Some of Disney’s Best Bites for October
So far October has been a pretty mega-month when it comes to Disney food and it shows no signs of slowing. We’ve got some for exciting best bites news coming your way covering menu updates, tiki mugs and more! If you’ll be heading to Disneyland or Disney World over the next few weeks you’ll definitely want to check this out!
Whispering Canyon Cafe – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Over at Wilderness Lodge, they’ve added a few new items to an already delicious menu. On the breakfast menu be on the lookout for freshly-baked-warm cinnamon rolls topped with walnut-bourbon maple syrup icing and sugar crisp.
For lunch, you can indulge in a “Cowboy” Sundae with vanilla ice cream and macerated berries topped with a cobbler dough bubble waffle and a milk chocolate horse. Or if you’re really craving some chocolate, you can get the OLLLLLLLD Fashion Chocolate Cake decked out with chocolate ganache and a Mickey macaron.
Rose & Crown Pub- Epcot- Walt Disney World
Over at Epcot, Rose & Crown Pub located in the UK pavilion has will now offer breakfast on Saturday from 9-11 am during the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. A highlight of the menu is the Traditional Egg and Breakfast Platter. It comes with eggs, sausage, toast, baked beans and mushrooms.
Also, be sure to head over to the Germany Pavilion and try out a brand-new beverage at Bierline. The Frozen Mezzo Mix is a popular soft drink featuring Coca-Cola with a kiss of Fanta Orange. For an adults-only version ask for yours with a splash of honey and bourbon liqueur.
“Walt Disney Imagineering Presents: The Epcot Experience – Epcot- Walt Disney World
While checking out this awesome exhibit you can also find a kiosk offering a variety of food and beverage options. You’ll find chips, bottled beverages, Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Mickey Pretzels with cheese sauce and a selection of craft beer and cider. There are also flavored popcorn including butter, cheddar, buffalo bleu cheese, or sour cream and chive popcorn.
Flying Fish- Disney’s Boardwalk-Walt Disney World Resort
This popular fine-dining spot has added a few new dishes to their menu. Highlights include Filet Mignon with asparagus and honshimeji mushroom as well as Chilean Seabass with Spanish octopus and vegetable mélange and Sardinian Pasta featuring Maine lobster, scallops, shrimp, and garden herbs. Tor dessert, satisfy your sweet tooth with a delectable Cocoa Beach with vanilla custard, milk chocolate bavarois, and feuilletine crunch.
Tangaroa Terrace – Disneyland Hotel – Disneyland Resort
This quick service brimming with Tropical flair recently added a few new noteworthy dishes to the menu! Let’s start with breakfast where you’ll want to try the Loco Moco Burrito with steamed rice, chopped beef patty, fried eff, gravy, crunchy onions and salsa roja. For those with a sweet tooth, there’s also the Thick & Fluff Japanese Pancakes served with tropical fruit compote and guava syrup as well as the Acai Chia Breakfast Bowl featuring an acai puree blend with bananas, strawberry, coconut milk and chia seed pudding topped with granola, coco nibs and berries.
For lunch and dinner, there are a few new items worth mentioning. Let’s start with the Hawaiian Platter which comes with Hawaiian Platter comes with furikake-seasoned Thai Jasmine rice, macaroni salad, and your choice of roasted port belly or poached chicken breast. If you’re a ramen fan then you’ll definitely want to order Tonkotsu Ramen with pork-based brothy, wavy noodles, pork belly slices, fresh green onions, wood ear mushrooms, fish cake, black garlic oil and a soft-boiled eff.
There’s also the Rongo Salad which comes with iceberg and romaine lettuce mixed with edamame, green papaya, cherry tomatoes, gooseberry, crispy shallots, sesame seeds, and marinated tofu. It’s topped with a fermented miso vinaigrette. Or you may want to opt for the Little Gem Salad which comes with little gem leaves, candied macadamia nuts, avocado, queso fresco, pog vinaigrette and your choice of chicken or grilled salmon.
Hatbox Ghost Collectibles- Walt Disney World and Disneyland
Each year for Halloween, Disney releases a limited-edition Tiki Mug at Trader Sam’s Grog’s Grotto located at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort as well as at Trader Sames Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel. This year’s design features that Hatbox Ghost from Haunted Mansion. The Disneyland version of the mug will feature Hatbox Gho’s head inside his handy hat box. The Walt Disney World Version features the ghost in his entirety. Here’s all the information you need about scoring these awesome items.
Walt Disney World Resort – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on Oct. 15 at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto for those guests with a valid wristband. Wristbands will be distributed at Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace starting at 9 a.m. ET on Oct. 15 (and starting at 10 a.m. on the following days, while supplies last). A beverage purchase is required. The Grim Grinning Grog here will feature pineapple-mango dark rum, Bermuda black rum, blood orange, lime juice, a trio of tropical juices, and dashes of aromatic bitters (non-alcoholic version upon request).
- Trader Sam’s Grotto will open at 1 p.m. ET on Oct. 15 and will open at 3 p.m. ET on the following days.
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin will be sold at BouTiki at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort beginning at 9 a.m. ET, Oct. 15.
Disneyland Resort – The Disneyland Hotel
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on Oct. 15 at the South Lounge of the Disneyland Hotel Convention Center from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST (line will open at 5:00 a.m.). Complimentary parking at the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney District will be available up to 20 minutes after the time of purchase with receipt.
- The mugs will also be available at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar with purchase of a beverage, The Grim Grinning Grog featuring coconut rum, spiced rum, pineapple juice, red passion fruit syrup, and blue curaçao (non-alcoholic version available upon request).
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin will be sold at Disney’s Fantasia Shop at the Disneyland Hotel beginning at 7 a.m. PST, Oct. 15.
*Note: At both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, this offering is non-discountable with a limit of two (2) per guest and is only available while supplies last.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Disney foodie news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook