Everything Your Need to Know About Disney’s Skyliner System
It’s official Disney friends! Walt Disney World’s newest form of transportation has officially opened to the public! Starting today, Skyliner is taking flight across four resort hotels and two parks offering complimentary transportation to visitors. Decorated with images of some of your favorite Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel characters, each gondola gives guest never-before-seen views of Walt Disney World.
If you’ll be gliding away on Skyliner soon, here’s everything you need to know about the newest way to get around at Disney World.
Your Favorite Characters Take to the Skies
Nearly half of Disney Skyliner’s gondola cars feature special wraps featuring whimsical Disney scenes. You’ll find artwork representing beloved characters, movies, attractions and more! We love the way they give the appearance that your favorite Disney pals are riding right along with you. In addition, each cabin will shimmer in one of eight vibrant colors! Check out how many special hues you can find!
Travel Around Walt Disney World Resort
The gondola cars themselves can set up to 10 guests. The entire system is comprised of 6 miles of cable transporting guests to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Resort and then a combined stop at Pop Century and Art of Animation Resorts.
From atop the Skyliner, you’ll be treated to bird’s-eye views of Hollywood Studios including the Hollywood Tower Hotel. On your approach to Epcot, you’ll also catch a glimpse of several of the countries around World Showcase Lagoon with Spaceship Earth shining in the distance!
Need To Make a Trip Back to Your Hotel Room?
Guests staying at Disney resort hotels accessible by Disney Skyliner will have quick-and-easy transportation. Staying on the Skyliner route is perfect for those who what the ease of being able to nip back to your room for an afternoon siesta before heading right back into the action! Plus, it’s now easier than ever to travel to your favorite restaurants and entertainment available at the hotels, including all the fun of Disney’s BoardWalk entertainment district, and access to Epcot through the International Gateway station.
Each station along the Disney Skyliner route is a treat for the eyes, featuring uniquely-themed Disney designs that reflect their surroundings:
- The Epcot International Gateway – This station is inspired by the nearby European pavilions in the park. Covered metal and glass canopies, hand-painted murals themed to flight and ornate metal detailing are all in the Art Nouveau style.
- The Disney’s Riviera Resort- The station of Disney’s newest deluxe villa resort incorporates influences from the Mediterranean coast to produce an elegant portal for guests.
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort- This resort connects all three routes and extends the architectural details and bright island colors associated with the Caribbean.
- The Disney’s Hollywood Studios – The station reflects the Art Deco style of the park’s main entrance area. Guests arriving on Disney Skyliner will be awestruck as a panoramic view of the park unfolds.
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – These two resorts share a Disney Skyliner station at Hourglass Lake. Colorful structural forms create a space that feels whimsical and contextual with both resorts. Departing the station, guests will glide above Hourglass Lake and ascend to thrilling views of both resort hotels.
Don’t Forget the New Latte!
Calling all coffee lovers! Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Co.®, the official specialty coffee of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Disney Vacation Club, will welcome guests with a NEW quick-service location adjacent to the station at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. The menu includes coffees, pastries and specialty items will include the new “Toffee Flight Latte” found initially only at the station. The latte blends sea salt caramel toffee and dark chocolate, topped with toffee and chocolate crumbles and a cloud of whipped cream.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Skyliner news and updates.
Considering a Disney getaway? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook