13 Spooktacular Photo Moments At The Disneyland Resort During Halloween Time
Both Tricks and Treats await guests visiting the Disneyland Resort during Halloween Time. Guests visiting both parks, the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, and the Downtown Disney District have a hauntingly good time to look forward to from September 6 through October 31, 2019. To celebrate, guests can capture these 13 spooktacular photo moments to commemorate their visit.
- Embrace the spirit of Día de los Muertos in a picture with Miguel: New this year, guests will have the opportunity to make memories with Miguel when he and his performer appear for photos between shows of “A Musical Celebration of Coco” at the beautiful artistic mural entitled, “Recuérdame” (“Remember Me”). Miguel is brought to life in a whimsical style inspired by Mexican Folk art. The Día de los Muertos celebrations at Disneyland Resort run through Nov. 3.
- Capture the dreadfully delightful décor on Buena Vista Street: At Disney California Adventure Park, Buena Vista Street is decked out for Halloween. Must-see photo spots include Oogie Boogie looming over the park’s entrance marquee and the haunting Headless Horseman statue across from Carthay Circle Restaurant.
- Snag a snapshot on Main Street, U.S.A.: What Halloween Time photo is more classic than the Mickey Mouse jack-o’-lantern on Main Street, U.S.A.? Main Street photo moments don’t have to stop there, though. This area is brimming with festive décor, from beautiful banners to fall-inspired flowerbeds.
- Snap a photo outside Haunted Mansion Holiday with Jack Skellington and Sally: Jack Skellington and Sally will materialize in New Orleans Square near the Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion, which celebrated its 50th anniversary this summer, transforms into Haunted Mansion Holiday beginning Sept. 6, bringing “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” to life.
- Take a Halloween portrait with Mickey Mouse and friends: Catch the “Fab Five” – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto – sporting their Halloween costumes along Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure. These photo moments offer a fun and festive spin on classic photos with the beloved characters that started it all.
- Take a video of The Collector’s Fortress as it goes dark and powers back up for a nighttime adventure: Daring guests will return to The Collector’s Fortress after the sun sets for a risky rescue mission at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, the seasonal edition of the popular attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! At dusk, the Fortress makes for a terrifying photo and video opportunity. At the end of the ride, guests may purchase a souvenir photo as proof of completing this daring adventure.
- Commemorate your cruise though Radiator Screams in Cars Land: Radiator Springs becomes Radiator Screams for the “Haul-O-Ween” season. Take a spine-tingling spin on Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween and Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and check out all the frightful additions from Scary the Scare-car to the creepy, crawly Spider-car at Flo’s V8 Café. Strike a pose with Lightning McQueen, Mater and friends in their “car-stumes.” Find Mater dressed up as a “van-pire,” Lightning as a super hero, Cruz Ramirez as a pirate and Red the Fire Truck as a clown.
- Capture a delicious photo moment with Halloween-themed food and beverage around the resort: There are plenty of festive foods to “haunt” Halloween Time photos at the Disneyland Resort. Snap a photo with a Maleficent-inspired churro covered with chocolate cookie crumbles and blended colored sugar. Or, show-off the camera ready Minnie Mouse witch-inspired mint chocolate chip shake with whipped cream and chocolate cream filled cookie Minnie Mouse ears.
- Boogie on over to the hotels of the Disneyland Resort to take photos with spellbinding surprises: Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa features a large confectionary sculpture of Oogie Boogie in the lobby, and is a great spot to take a ghoulish picture with this frightful Tim Burton character. The Disneyland Hotel pays homage to the 50th anniversary of the Haunted Mansion with themed décor.
- Take a picture with candy-inspired pumpkin displays at Downtown Disney District: Guests may capture the perfect moment strolling through the Downtown Disney District as they take pictures with artistic candy-inspired pumpkin displays throughout the promenade’s planters.
- Snap a selfie at the Día de los Muertos tribute in Frontierland: Commemorate the celebration of Day of the Dead and take a picture with the colorful Día de los Muertos tribute, an exhibit that features a musical trio of iconic skeleton figurines, brightly colored flowers and other decorative items.
- Capture stunning supernatural shots of the projections during “Halloween Screams”: For the first time in nearly a decade, guests visiting Disneyland Park during the Halloween season may enjoy a version of the projection and special effects show – “Halloween Screams.” This nighttime spectacular adds to the spooky fun on most nights of the season, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington. Guests may enjoy the projections on Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, the façade of “it’s a small world,” and the screens at the Rivers of America. And, on select nights, “Halloween Screams” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks – the perfect reason to spell-ebrate with a snapshot!
- Show Halloween spirit in every photograph with Disneyland Resort seasonal clothing, accessories and souvenirs: Channel the pumpkin king or join the Mickey Mouse “Fang” Club with a frightfully fun assortment of Halloween-themed merchandise. Add chilling spirit to every photo with a new candy corn spirit jersey, wicked headwear or seasonal Loungefly backpacks. Or, show everyone that “this is Halloween” in new attire and headbands inspired by Jack Skellington.
As a bonus, guests may choose to take advantage of the Halloween Time Disney PhotoPass Magic Shots. Disney PhotoPass photographers make it easy for guests to capture spooktacular photos of the whole family. During Halloween Time, some PhotoPass photographers will offer special Halloween magic shots, from a flaming pumpkin at the main entrance to Disneyland to Oogie Boogie in Hollywood Land in Disney California Adventure. Guests who purchase Disney MaxPass receive unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos throughout their day, including these seasonal magic shots.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 packages available and 2020 vacations are now open to book too! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!