“One Day at Disney” Documentary Series Announced At D23 Expo 2019
One of the announcements that came out of D23 Expo 2019 is a collaboration Disney Publishing Worldwide and Disney’s new streaming service, Disney+, debuting on December 3rd. They have come together to create a new 224-page coffee table book and documentary series called “One Day at Disney”. It will shine a dazzling light on the creative forces in front of the cameras and behind the scenes at The Walt Disney Company. The project was unveiled last night by Ricky Strauss, president, Content & Marketing for Disney+, and Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts.
Earlier this year, Disney dispatched photographers to locations across the globe, from Shanghai Disneyland and ESPN to Pixar and the set of Modern Family, to capture images of the employees and cast members who drive creativity and innovation at The Walt Disney Company. The stunning images from these 76 unique photo shoots, along with the stories behind them, will be featured in the hardbound, collectible book, written by Bruce Steele, which is now available for pre-order.
The new, 52-episode short-form series “One Day at Disney” will debut on Disney+ on December 3, the same day the book arrives in stores. A feature-length documentary will serve as the kickoff to the exciting new series, which takes an in-depth look at the unique and surprising roles these men and women call their daily jobs. Here are the talented individuals who will be profiled in the Disney+ docu-special (in alphabetical order):
- Eric Baker: The Walt Disney Imagineer who has overseen the creation of many of the intricately detailed props and lifelike creatures that inhabit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the newest lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts
- Ashley Girdich: A talented Walt Disney Imagineer who, as a Research and Development Project Manager, drives plans and helps teams execute some of the innovative robotics technology projects being created for our Parks around the world
- Robin Roberts: The former ESPN sportscaster has been co-anchor of the Emmy® Award-winning, top-rated morning show Good Morning America since 2005
- Eric Goldberg: The legendary animator known for creating the Genie in Aladdin and Phil in Hercules, directing Pocahontas, as well as for animating Mickey Mouse in the Academy Award®-nominated short Get a Horse!
- Mark Gonzales: A Los Angeles native who works on the world-famous Disneyland Railroad
- Grace Lee: A senior illustration manager at Disney Worldwide Publishing who has worked on titles from Zootopia to Fancy Nancy
- Zamavus “Zama” Magudulela: The talented South African actor currently playing Rafiki in the Madrid production of phenomenally successful musical The Lion King
- Ryan Meinerding: Marvel Studios’ head of visual development, who has worked on films including Avengers: Endgame and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Dr. Natalie Mylniczenko: The veterinarian who cares for creatures large and small at Walt Disney World Resort, including a number of endangered and threatened species
- Jerome Ranft: The skilled Pixar artist who created detailed sculptures for animators to use as reference for such films as Finding Nemo, Toy Story 3 and Ratatouille
Here is the official trailer for the “One Day at Disney” Documentary:
More than 50 One Day at Disney Shorts will follow the debut of the special, each profiling a single remarkable person and their fascinating job. A new short will debut each week.
“Even though I said that no two days [at Disney] are the same, there is something that is similar,” Roberts said during tonight’s announcement. “One thing that remains the same, day in and day out, though everything else changes, is our desire to be as creative and as innovative as we can be—not just for ourselves, but for those [who] watch us and who consume what we do. And just try to make them feel as happy as we do.”
The series and documentary are from Endeavor Content’s Non-Scripted Division. Michael Antinoro and David Chamberlin serve as executive producers, with Victoria Chamlee producing.
Want more D23 Expo 2019 Details? Check out our previous articles to get caught up on all of the news!
- Details Released For The Star Wars Hotel Coming to Walt Disney World
- Details Released For “Avengers Campus” Coming To Disney’s California Adventure
- New Details Released For TRON Lightcycle Run Attraction Coming To the Magic Kingdom
- New “Moana”-themed Attraction Coming to Epcot
- New Epcot Experiences, Attractions, And Logo Coming
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 packages available and 2020 vacations are now open to book too! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at SPhillips@MickeyTravels.com or follow me on Facebook!