Disney World Best Bites for August
Earlier today, I shared with you some of my favorite Disney Springs eats and treats for August! Thanks to Disney I have even more to share as they released an incredible look today at some of the other fantastic menu items you’ll find at Walt Disney World. So bring those appetites and lets take a closer look at some of the items you’ll want to give a try during your next visit!
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For… Cookie Dough!?
That’s right! All of the incredible images above are not ice cream but rather the latest trend to hit Disney Springs– edible cookie dough. But as with all their eats and treats, Disney had to take this delicious treat to the next level. There’s a new food truck in town aptly named “Cookie Dough and Everything Sweet.” Take a quick look at some of the awesome items you’ll find here:
- Springs Candy Taco – Candy Monster Cookie Dough, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry served in a waffle taco
- Minnie Mouse Taco – Peanut Butter Fluff Cookie Dough, caramel sauce, whipped cream, a cherry, and a chocolate Minnie bow served in a waffle taco
- Celebration Parfait – Celebration Cookie Dough with Celebration Mickey cake, vanilla custard, strawberries, whipped cream, and a cherry
- Mickey or Minnie Funnel Cake – Funnel cake topped with powdered sugar and Mickey or Minnie-shaped cookie dough
- Cookie Dough Cup or Cone – Flavors include Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Fluff, Celebration, Cookies and Cream, Candy Monster, and Cold Brew
This new cookie dough-themed food truck will open later this month and will be parked near the other food trucks across from Candy Cauldron at Disney Springs West Side.
Takumi-Tei- NOW OPEN!
We’ve got some exciting news from the Japan pavilion at Epcot. Today marked the official ribbon-cutting ceremony for Takumi-Tei a brand new signature dining restaurant at Epcot. This upscale immersive, Japanese dining experience offers a premium multicourse tasting menu with traditional tea service and wagyu beef. They also offer an a la carte menu. In addition to the incredible eats, you’ll find here, the tranquil interior boasts five dining rooms each inspired by one of the natural elements: water, wood, earth and stone.
Coral Reef Gets New Menu Items
While we’re on the subject of Epcot, now is a perfect time to make a reservation at Coral Reef Restaurant. The Reef is now offering tantalizing new menu items. These include:
- Seared Sea Scallops with saffron butter broth, tomato bruschetta, and crostini
- Lobster Seafood Boil (with lobster, Jonah Crab claw, shrimp, mussels, Andouille sausage, corn, potatoes, ouzo-garlic butter, and spiced cioppino broth)
- Grilled Swordfish (with warm white beans, roasted Cipollini onions, arugula, and lemon-herb vinaigrette).
- One Pound of Steamed Maryland-style Snow Crab Legs served with lemon and butter.
- Seasonal Cheesecake with a shortbread cookie and fruit compote.
Sunshine Churro Straight from Disneyland
A guest favorite from the Downtown Disney District in Disneyland has now made it’s way to the East Coast!- Sunshine Churro! You’ll find these carts both at the Marketplace and on the West Side. Sunshine Churro is known for their delightful variety of classic and gourmet churros. Some of our favorite flavors include watermelon, salted caramel, strawberry cheesecake, fruity cereal and cookies and cream. You can even have your churros dipped in chocolate or served up with Nutella! Yummy!
Because Two Ample Hills is Better Than One
Fans of Ample Hills Creamery now have another way to get your ice cream fix while at Disney World. In addition to their shop on Disney’s Boardwalk, Ample Hills is opening a second site on Disney Springs West Side! The scoop shop will offer the same amazing varieties of hand-crafted ice cream and mixins (like brownies, butter pecan brittle, oatmeal cookies) and more!
The Temple of Bacon
Here’s something that all you bacon lovers are sure to get on board with. I give you the Temple of Bacon. You’ll find this tribute to meat at Jock Linsdey’s Hangar Bar where it pairs perfectly with the lively libations on offer! It features thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon dipped in milk and chipotle chocolate ganache from The Ganachery!
Sweet Thai Coconut Mickey Onigiri
Dare we say that we just might love this as much as we love Mickey waffles? Head over to Disney’s All-Star Music Resort where they always surprise with their awesome food court items. Case in point is the Sweet Thai Coconut Mickey Onigiri. It features coconut sticky rice with poppy seeds stuffed with roasted mangos, mandarins, apples, and carrots wrapped in nori and is served with a sweet and sour fruit dipping sauce. Also at Intermission Food Court, you’ll find a Hades Cupcake offered the entire month of August. This chocolate cupcake comes with blue sour candy buttercream and a chocolate Hades piece.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with MickeyBlog for more Disney theme parks best bites!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook