Ultimate Guide to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Calling all Apprentice Sorcerers! Merlin needs your help! The evil villain Hades is determined to take over the Magic Kingdom and make it his summer home. In order to do so, he has recruited other infamous Disney Villains to help him retrieve the four missing shards of Merlin’s Crystal.
It’s up to you to help defeat Yzma, Cruella De Vil, Scar, Jafar, Maleficent, Ursula, Ratcliffe, Dr. Facilier, and ultimately Hades himself to thwart this plan.
To become an Apprentice Sorcerer and play this FREE interactive scavenger hunt around Magic Kingdom Park, stop by the Main Street Firehouse. Cast members will train you for your quests and give you the required tools:
- Sorcerer’s Map: Will help you navigate through the park while playing. Find portals in Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, and along Main Street, U.S.A.
- Spell Cards: Use the correct card or combination of cards at designated portals to defeat the villain with a spell.
- Sorcerer Key: This is your game ID. Use it to unlock each portal. The embedded chip will keep track of your progress in the game, so you can come back and play on subsequent visits to the park (as long as you have the same Key).
Once you have assigned your Sorcerer Key, head to your first designated portal and use the Key to unlock it. Each portal has its own identifying symbol, and you can use the map to guide you. You’ll visit four to five portals to defeat each villain, and if you happen to end up at the wrong one, don’t worry! The symbol for the correct portal will appear.
Merlin and other Disney pals will help direct you when to play a card. Follow the on-screen prompts and listen for clues. Then use the correct Spell Card or combination of cards to defeat the villain. After you have eliminated the villain, you will be directed to the first portal of your next adventure.
When you have completed all adventures and defeated Hades himself, Merlin will appear and grant you the title of Master Sorcerer.
The game can be played at 3 levels of difficulty. Once you defeat Hades, you can move up in difficulty level to make the game more challenging. The two more difficult levels involve more strategy and quick-thinking. You’ll have to pay closer attention to the characteristics on your spell cards to play the appropriate card(s).
Certain spell properties are required to defeat certain villains. This is where it becomes important to pay attention to the clues. It’s really fun to see the different cards in action, and this game can get pretty addictive.
There are 70 different cards, each with different classifications and spell types. The more spells you have in your arsenal, the greater your chances of success.
- The whole family can work together to play the game, so assign one key card for all of you, but have each member of your party get a card pack to increase your variety of spells. You may end up with duplicate cards, but that’s part of the fun as well. While playing, you will see other guests working together and trading cards. Join in, and you can end up with whole new combinations of spells. Be sure to pay attention to the kids of trades you’re making, as cards range in value from common to very rare.
- There are two sign-up locations. The first time you play, we recommend using the Main Street Firehouse where you can practice. After you’ve gotten the hang of the game, you can use the less crowded location at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square to get more cards on later park visits.
- Queues move pretty quickly when there are groups of people at a designated portal, but this can also be a good time to go grab a Mickey Bar or a Dole Whip and come back to the game later. Remember, you don’t have to finish in a single day.
- Once you defeat Hades, completing the game, you can get an extra set of cards in the same day. This is also when you can increase the game’s difficulty level if you wish to.
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! Want to go to Disney? For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please reach out to me and I’ll be happy to assist with all your planning needs!