Delicious Ways to Cool Off at Disney This Summer
If you’ve ever been to the Disney theme parks in the Summer there’s one thing I’m sure you’ll remember – the HEAT! If you’re looking for a way to cool off between all of those exiting theme park attractions- we have just the ticket! Here’s a list with a few of our favorite (and delicious) ways to cool off on both coasts!
WALT DISNEY WORLD
Magic Kingdom Park
- Indulge in a scoop of ice cream at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor right at the top of Main Street. Our hot tips are the It’s a Party Sundae or the Sugar Cookie Sandwich. Both are available through July 31st.
- Head over to Adventureland to try out a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle along with an Orange-Vanilla Swirl or Redd’s Revenge Float (made with strawberry soft-serve and Fanta Strawberry) at Sunshine Treet Terrace. There’s also a Lemon and Lime variation on the Dole Whip at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland and the 2319 cone made up of mango-vanilla swirl soft serve. You’ll find the later at Aunty Gravity’s in Tomorrowland.
- Grab a Space Ranger Slush at The Lunching Pad in Tomorrowland or Wonderland Slush at Cheshire Café in Fantasyland!
- The Guardians of the Galaxy have taken over Fife & Drum until August 18th. On the menu you’ll find an array of refreshing treats including the Awesome Mix Slushy, the I Am Root root beer float, the Destroyer Punch, or the Galaxy Juice. )
- Treat fresh Italian Gelato from Gelati in the Italy pavilion. Your tastebuds will thank you!
- Scoop up some Kakigōri (Japanese shaved ice) from Kabuki Cafe in the Japan pavilion. Confession: This is personally one of my favorite Epcot treats!
- Stop by L’Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion for every flavor ice cream imaginable. Trust us when we say it tastes better sandwiched between a melt-in-your-mouth macaron!
- Celebrate Disney’s “The Lion King” with the No Worries Panna Cotta (a raspberry, papaya, and mango panna cotta with cookie crumbles and white chocolate!) at Refreshment Outpost.
- Those looking for the perfect afternoon tipple will want to wash down fish and chips with a Frozen Pimm’s Lemonade at the UK Beer Cart. It’s made with frozen Minute Maid Lemonade, Sprite, and gin.
- Head over The Land Cart with Frozen Fanta Blue Raspberry and Frozen Minute Maid Lemonade or grab a Blueberry Slushy at the Canada Popcorn Cart. But watch out for brain freeze!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Build-your-own sundae with the new Burgers and Sundaes experience at Restaurantosaurus starting August 18. Find out more here!
- Stay cool with one of the numerous treats inspired by Disney’s “The Lion King” throughout the park. Our favorites include the Simba Ice Cream Sandwich, Simba’s Sunset Dole Whip, the King’s Cooler, the Asante Slush, or the Bugs ‘n Grub Waffle Cone.
- Duck Tales fans won’t want to miss your chance to cool off with the Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae. You’ll find it at Dino-Bite Snacks in DinoLand U.S.A.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Sip on a milkshake (anyone will do!) from Dockside Diner.
- Indulge in a hand-dipped ice cream, sundaes, or ice cream sandwiches from Hollywood Scoops.
- Sip on a mighty “Incredible” Frozone Slush (Fanta Blue Raspberry with whipped cream) or the Secret Identity (Frozen Coca-Cola with cherry cotton candy) from the Neighborhood Bakery.
- Get refreshed Green Alien-style with the Mystic Portal Punch at Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land.
- Try one of the many speciality beverages (like the Violet Sake Slushie from YeSake) and desserts available for Disney Springs Flavors of Florida 2019, available through Sept. 2. For a closer look at the menu items check out this article.
- Grab an artisanal shake from D-Luxe Burger like the S’mores Gelato Shake (pictured above) or the Salted Caramel Gelato Shake.
- Start your visit off with the out-of-this-world Blue and Green Milks from the Milk Stand in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Hangout with DJ R-3X at Oga’s Cantina and sip on one of the many out-of-this-world non-alcoholic concoctions available.
- Fuel up with Moof Juice or Phattro speciality non-alcoholic beverages at Docking Bay 7 Food & Cargo.
- Sit and sip a Jungle Julep (slush of pineapple, orange, grape, and lemon juices) from Bengal Barbecue.
- Conjure up the flavors of the Big Easy with a refreshingly sweet non-alcoholic Mint Julep from the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square.
- Head over to Adventureland and grab a popular Dole Whip Pineapple from Tiki Juice Bar and other soft-serve flavors from The Tropical Hideaway.
- Tuck into some old-fashioned ice cream at Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor.
Disney California Adventure
- Snowcone? Try the lemon soft-serve at Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats on Pixar Pier.
- Customize your own hand-dipped ice cream bar at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream.
- Put it in drive and head on over to Cozy Cone Motel for some yummy soft-serve ice cream or a glass of Fillmore’s Fuelin’ Groovy All Natural Lemonade. Another great option is the Pomegranate Limeade.
- Power up with a delicious fruit smoothie from Schmoozies! In Hollywood Land.
- Go wild with some insane milkshake combinations from the CrazyShake Window by Black Tap.
- Experience the amazing flavors of ice cream at Salt & Straw. This family-run scoop shop specializes in handmade, small-batch seasonal ice cream made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Or what would a trip to the West Coast be without a refreshing and vitalizing smoothie from Jamba Juice!
Quick Tip: In addition to all the refreshing treats above, you can always stay hydrated with a complimentary cup of ice water available at any food and beverage location that serves fountain beverages.
Thinking about a Summer getaway to Disney? There are still fantastic deals to be had. Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.