Some Awesome Fun Facts About Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
With the grand opening of the incredible Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort this week, we thought we’d pay tribute to one of our favorite resorts at Walt Disney World. With incredible amenities, an awesome pool area, incredible restaurants and more, this resort has always felt like a deluxe resort at moderate prices. To give you a taste of all the incredible details that went into making this amazing property, we thought we’d share some of our favorite Coronado Springs fun facts!
- Opened Aug. 1, 1997, as Disney’s largest convention resort featuring one of the largest single-level convention centers on the East Coast.
- Coronado Springs boasts 2,385 guest rooms, including suites in lakeside casitas and the new Gran Destino Tower.
- Looking for a space for your next meeting or convention? The property offers 220,000 square feet of dedicated meeting and event function space.
- The entire property wraps around the magnificent Lago Dorado, a 22-acre lake at the center of the property.
- Staying at Coronado doesn’t mean giving up your fitness regime. The property includes four swimming pools, walking/jogging trail and volleyball court.
- You’ll find a table service restaurants, lounges, a food court and Café Rix grab-and-go. Each eatery provides a wide range of culinary options.
- The recently remodelled Panchito’s gift shop offers an array of trendy and art-inspired merchandise
Gran Destino Tower
- The Grand Opening of Coronado Springs new high-rise tower was this week-July 9, 2019.
- The Tower features 16 floors and 545 guest rooms (includes 50 suites, highlighted by two presidential suites).
- With the opening of the Twoer comes a new arrival and reception experience for the whole resort featuring a dramatic two-story lobby.
- Tolédo – Tapas, Steaks & Seafood and Dahlia Lounge on the rooftop of the Tower offering amazing eats and delicious libations with panoramic views!
- Barcelona Lounge, on the lower lobby level, offers coffee in the morning, cocktails remainder of the day.
- Club-access guests can visit Chronos Club, a bright, comfortable lounge where they can relax and enjoy light refreshments throughout the day or take advantage of vacation-planning services
- Destino Plaza off the lower lobby level provides a new picturesque spot for weddings and other special outdoor events
- Gran Destino Tower takes its name from the surrealistic Disney animated film “Destino” by Walt Disney and renowned surrealist Salvador Dali.
- The rooftop restaurant, Tolédo – Tapas, Steaks and Seafood, is inspired by the renowned Spanish city that was home to avant-garde writers and artists in the 1920s and ’30s.
- Dahlia Lounge is named after the “Destino” heroine, a mortal woman who enchants the Greek god Chronos. The dandelion chandeliers, metal bell accents and ceiling coffers with swirling patterns all draw inspiration from Dahlia.
- Three lodging districts adjacent to Gran Destino Tower are inspired by the elegant cities, neighborhood dwellings and diverse natural landscapes of Mexico and the American Southwest:
- The elegant and sophisticated Casitas emphasizes the residential areas of colonial cities found all over Mexico.
- The Ranchos represent ranch houses of the dry southwestern chaparral regions of northern Mexico and the American Southwest.
- The Cabanas evoke the look and feel of a small tropical coastal fishing village on the Mexican coast.
- The Dig Site pool complex features a massive gray stone Mayan temple that recalls many of the ceremonial centers created by the ancient Mayans;. According to Disney legend, the temple sits five stories above the Coronado Springs, and the water cascades down the temple’s steps into the Lost City of Cibola Feature Pool. Bas-relief sculptures, called stelae, have been carved on the pyramid. The deck and its tiled bottom also feature inlaid representations of Mayan symbols.
We have merely skimmed the service when it comes to just how special this moderate property is. Why not check it out for yourself during your next Disney visit? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Getting started is easy! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.