1700 Cast Members Brought On To Be Part of Galaxy’s Edge Opening Team at Hollywood Studios
Last week we shared with you the awesome footage of Walt Disney World cast members finding out for the first time that they would be part of the opening team at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge which will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29th. However, what may have gone unnoticed is just how many Cast Members are required to make this intergalactic dream come to life!
According to a recent piece in the Orlando Sentinel, it was revealed that Disney hired an impressive 1,700 employees to help open Galaxy’s Edge. To put this in perspective this is more than double the amount of team members on the opening team of Animal Kingdom’s Pandora- The World of Avatar.
About 60% of the opening team will be transferring to Galaxy’s Edge from other positions at Walt Disney World which also has the knock-on effect of freeing up positions for incoming Cast Members throughout the other theme parks. That leaves a remaining 40% of Galaxy’s Edge employees which Disney has confirmed are new hires.
With only mere weeks to go until this groundbreaking new 14-acre new expansion opens to visitors, the training for cast members has already begun. Regardless of the role each of these 1,700 Cast Members will pay, Disney is big on creating an immersive environment where every worker feels like a resident of Batuu.
View this post on Instagram
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance cast member costumes (?: @singlikethebirdiessing ) #riseoftheresistance #starwarsgalaxysedge #starwars #galaxysedge #starwarsland #disneyland #dca #disneycaliforniaadventure #californiaadventure #disney #disneyside #disneyparks #disneylandresort #dlr #disneydetails #justgothappier #happiestplaceonearth #gethappier #anaheim
This is clearly evidenced by the incredible costumes we shared with you early this year. Those stationed at Galaxy’s Edge will definitely look the part adding to the sense that you are truly visiting a galaxy far, far away.
For many Cast Members especially those stationed at Hollywood Studios, watching Galaxy’s Edge come to life has been a long time coming. From the first hint of a towering rock formation to signing a historic beam in the fall of 2017, the opening of Galaxy’s Edge is a pivotal moment for many Cast members. Check out this awesome video of the beam signing below:
Jamie Holmes WFTV got an exclusive sneak peek at Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Even if you don't give a wookie about the franchise, the attraction is expected to take Orlando's tourism numbers
Posted by WFTV Channel 9 on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
It has been evident from the beginning that guests visiting Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge are in store for something truly special. Readers are encouraged to check out the Orlando Sentinel for more awesome info on the incredible Cast Members at Galaxy’s Edge and to keep following along with MickeyBlog for the latest Galaxy’s Edge news and updates culminating in its exciting opening at Hollywood Studios later this Summer!
Want to plan a Star Wars-themed getaway? Let the team at MickeyTravels help you out with our expert planning services at no additional cost to you! Simply fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.