Explore Iconic U.S. Destinations At The Disneyland Resort
This Fourth of July you don’t have to go on a road trip to explore all the amazing places the U.S.A. has to offer. This holiday weekend (or any time for that matter) you can visit the Disneyland Resort and explore lands, shows and attractions that bring iconic U.S. destinations to life.
Travel the colorful streets of New Orleans Square, soak up the beautiful Pacific coastline on Soarin’ Over California, and take a cruise along Route 66 and enjoy its majestic scenery.
Cross-Country Tour Inside the Disneyland Resort
Guests can start their Disneyland Resort cross-country tour in New Orleans Square, setting off for adventure on Pirates of the Caribbean and eating delicious beignets served at the Mint Julep Bar.
Next, guests can travel to Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes to paddle down the Rivers of America on a grand “oar-venture.”
As they continue on their journey, guests can be transported by a steam locomotive on the Disneyland Railroad, and see Walt Disney’s legendary diorama of the Grand Canyon.
The next stop on the road trip crosses over to Disney California Adventure Park. At Jessie’s Critter Carousel, guests might take a spin on a rootin’, tootin’ romp in the Wild West.
Guests can then stroll along the iconic Route 66 into Cars Land, home of Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Radiator Springs Racers.
Two more stops will treat guests to the beauty of California, the country’s 31st state. They can raft down a roaring California river deep in the mountains on the Grizzly River Run, and fly through the skies looking over iconic California sites in Soarin’ Over California. They may even catch a scent of California orange groves.
The Disneyland Resort is also offering patriotic entertainment, décor, food and beverage and merchandise to celebrate America this Fourth of July.
Guests visiting Disneyland Park on the Fourth of July may discover patriotic Mickey Mouse greeting guests in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. They can also enjoy a special holiday fireworks spectacular, “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky,” which will light up the sky to the sounds of patriotic songs on July 4 only, replacing the “Disneyland Forever” Fireworks for that evening.
And in Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A., the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln attraction continues to inspire generations of guests with inspirational storytelling, a famous speech and a salute to President Abraham Lincoln.
While celebrating America’s birthday, guests may encounter the most patriotic of all Super Heroes – Captain America himself! The “First Avenger” appears daily in Hollywood Land.
Next, they can head to Pixar Pier to experience a slice of the U.S.A. from an earlier era. Stretching from the Incredicoaster to Inside Out Headquarters, the design of Pixar Pier takes its inspiration from those seaside amusement parks and beachfront resorts on the California coast at the turn of the century, including such classic piers as Beach Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and Pacific Ocean park in Santa Monica.
At Pixar Pier, guests will hop aboard the new Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind attraction, riding in one of eight Memory Movers to help Riley’s emotions – Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear – sort through the memories being collected.
Themed Merchandise Resort-wide
Guests who want to show their American spirit can purchase items from the new red, white, blue and beautiful Americana-inspired collection. Items include a glow necklace, plush, Spirit Jersey, Minnie Ears and more. Guests can find special details on every item including stars, stripes and Mickey Mouse-shaped silhouettes. Americana items can be purchased at a variety of locations throughout the resort.
At Curl Surf in Downtown Disney District, guests will be able to purchase various patriotic merchandise including shirts, shorts, bathing suits, dresses and more.
Fourth of July classics and new treats will be featured throughout the resort to help guests get in the Fourth of July spirit:
- Disneyland Park
- Plaza Inn Dining Package Adult Meal – Available July 4 at Plaza Inn by Reservation Only: Slow-roasted BBQ pork, fried chicken breast, smoked bratwurst with golden mustard sauce, fresh watermelon, corn on the cob, house-made cornbread, sweet baked beans, mac and cheese, and apple pie (vegetarian options available)
- Plaza Inn Dining Package Kid’s Meal – Available July 4 at Plaza Inn by Reservation Only: Fried chicken leg, mac and cheese, watermelon, house-made cornbread, corn on the cob, and individual classic apple pie (vegetarian options available)
- Apple Pie Shake – Available July 4 at Carnation Cafe
- Fourth of July Cupcake – Available July 4 at Jolly Holiday Bakery Café: Cinnamon sponge cupcake with apple pie filling and buttercream
- Disney California Adventure Park
- Firecracker – Available July 4-7 at Hollywood Lounge: Mojito with blueberries and strawberry popping pearls
- Downtown Disney District
- Frozen Cherry Boba Lemonade – Available at Wetzel’s Pretzels: Frozen lemonade with cherry-flavored popping pearls and cherry purée
- Firecracker Cocktail – Available through July 7 at Splitsville Luxury Lanes: Lemonade, citrus vodka, blue curaçao, and grenadine
- Fourth of July Box – Available through July 7 at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcakes, dark chocolate cupcakes and gluten-friendly lemon-blueberry cupcakes
- Americana Mini Sampler – Available through July 7 at Sprinkles: Red velvet cupcake, dark chocolate cupcake and vanilla cupcake
- Berry Ice Creams – Available through July 31 at Salt & Straw: Birthday Cakes & Blackberries flavor, Goat Cheese Marionberry Habanero flavor and Fresh Sheep’s Cheese & Strawberries flavor
- Red, White & Blue Cake Shake – Available July 3-7 at Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes: Vanilla shake with red, white, and blue cake slice, whipped cream, sprinkles, a cherry and a vanilla frosted rim with red, white and blue sprinkles
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 packages available plus 2020 packages are now ready to book! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!