Disney Songs: Check Out The Mouse’s Most Popular
The top of the list of the most popular Disney tunes will NOT surprise anyone. And, in fact, if you’re reading MickeyBlog.com chances are good that Frozen’s “Let It Go” is on your personal playlist.
Great! Now what?
Can’t Let It Go
Well, check out this list (and commentary), posted by Fatherly.com:
- Let It Go, Frozen – 298 million
- How Far I’ll Go, Moana – 205 million
- You’re Welcome, Moana – 181 million
- Life Is A Highway, Cars – 153 million
- Beauty And The Beast, Beauty And The Beast (2017) – 148 million
- You’ll Be In My Heart, Tarzan – 132 million
- A Whole New World, Aladdin – 121 million
- Try Everything, Zootopia – 119 million
- Love Is An Open Door, Frozen – 113 million
- Under The Sea, The Little Mermaid – 109 million
Every parent can surely name the most popular Disney song in their household. Whether you love that song as much as your kid or you’re hearing it in your nightmares, this much is true: when a child loves a song, they really love it. And as your parent, you will just have to accept that fact.
A new study has revealed the most popular Disney songs based on the amount of Spotify plays – and if you’ve had a child in the last 10 years, you won’t be surprised by the top dog. Frozen‘s “Let It Go” topped the list with 298 million plays. Obviously.
The rest of the list, published by PlayLikeMum.com, makes sense for the most part. 2016’s Moana takes numbers two and three on the list, two being “How Far I’ll Go” with 205 million plays and three being “You’re Welcome, Moana” with 181 million plays. But number four? Entirely perplexing. With 153 million plays, “Life Is A Highway” from Pixar’s Cars is the fourth most-listened-to Disney song on Spotify. *Scratches head*
Life Is A Highway
Now, this guy loves “Life Is A Highway” — particularly the original by Tom Cochrane (of Red Rider fame) — but the re-make by Rascal Fatts is “okay,” too.
But check out the ENTIRE list (Graphic: PlayLikeMum.com)…
Here’s how PlayLikeMum.com did it:
- We looked at Disney animated films spanning the Golden Age through to the Revival Era.
- We took a list of all the Disney songs, using this ranking from Consequence of Sound as our seed list.
- Additional songs were added from any films that were released after the ranking was put together, using Wikipedia as a source.
- We then collected the Spotify play count for each song, and sorted the list by the most played to give a ranking from most to least popular, and therefore determine the world’s favourites.
- Any songs that were not available on Spotify were removed from the list.
And that explains why some of my favorites, including:
But what about you? What are your favorite Disney songs? Did they make the cut?