Check Out the Awesomeness of Disney Launchpad!
Earlier this month, The Walt Disney Company introduced “Disney Launchpad,” a shorts incubator – designed to create new opportunities for filmmakers to share diverse perspectives.
“Talent is evenly distributed amongst the population, but opportunity is not,” says Julie Ann Crommett, vice president, Multicultural Audience Engagement, The Walt Disney Studios.
About Disney Launchpad
- And as strides are made toward a more inclusive entertainment industry, The Walt Disney Company continues to be part of that change, bringing opportunity directly to filmmakers from underrepresented backgrounds through the new Disney Launchpad: Shorts Incubator.
- Up to six directors will be invited to share their diverse perspectives and create original, live-action short films under the mentorship of creative executives from across The Walt Disney Company, for proposed initial exhibition on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service…
- The program’s inaugural theme is “Discover,” which Mahin Ibrahim, director, Diversity and Inclusion, Market, The Walt Disney Studios, says sets the landscape for what the Studio has set out to accomplish.
- “We’re using this as a platform for discovering new talent, and we also want the theme to be broad enough to really invite each director’s personal storytelling,” she shares.
- The Launchpad is open to experienced directors from underrepresented backgrounds with diverse and varied perspectives, including but certainly not limited to women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, various religious groups, military veterans, people with disabilities and others.
Telling Inclusive Stories
“At The Walt Disney Studios, we believe that great stories come from everywhere, and we are committed to telling inclusive stories and working with filmmakers who bring diverse perspectives to the table,” said Alan Bergman, co-chairman, The Walt Disney Studios in the release.
“The Disney Launchpad gives us a platform to empower a new generation of filmmakers to share original stories that resonate with our global audience and reflect the world we live in.” Alan Bergman, co-chairman, The Walt Disney Studios
For full information on Disney Launchpad and how to apply, check out the full release.