Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day Via MickeyBlog.com
From a “certain point of view,” all of us at home have had the best view of the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge — and we didn’t have to endure cross country travel or purchase theme park tickets or wait in a line.
I jest, of course, but I am pleased to have been a Kowakian monkey-lizard (think Salacious Crumb) on Greg Antonelle’s shoulder as he tackled both the VIP/media grand opening and the official opening day of Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
Vicariously on the Galaxy’s Edge
“May 31st, 2019 – the first official day of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge,” said Antonelle via Facebook live stream (via Mickey Blog and Mickey Travels) as he walked into Star Wars Land. Everyone is really excited to be here. A lot of smiles.”
“We’re going to do this really casual,” added Greg, paraphrasing Han Solo from Return of the Jedi. “We’re just going to walk you throughout the land.
“We hope you enjoy what you see.”
I enjoyed it all. And now you can, too. Have a watch, and let’s discuss.
Archived Live Stream from Opening Day
Coming to you LIVE from OPENING DAY of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge!
Posted by MickeyBlog.com on Friday, May 31, 2019
Now, here are my highlights from the stream:
- Throughout – Merchandise views and reviews. I think I need the Galaxy’s Edge spray bottle, a Dejarik board, and a Batuu keychain. I’d also like to check out the model kits. As Greg said, “Something for everybody here, for sure…”
- 17:00 – Docking Bay 7: Checking out the quick service location, menu, seating & ambiance. The view of the droid cooking by the podracer engine was an instant classic.
- 38:00 – Greg gives a video example of the size and breadth of the land. Greg: “This land is immense…it’s just huge!”
- 43:00 – Walking into the Resistance Camp and seeing an X-wing. “What’s up, Chewie?”
- 46:00 – Rey! So awesome to see the way the “face character” cast member interacted with the guests.
- 50:00 – Mom & Dad Nelson from ResortTV1; celebrating Jenna’s record-breaking day streaming from Galaxy’s Edge.
- 55:00 – A quick glimpse inside Oga’s Cantina. Greg performed a Jedi-mind trick on a kind CM to get in the back door to get a quick overview of the intergalactic pub. Awesome.
- 1:09:00 – A tour of the Millennium Falcon! What an amazing immersive experience. The queue for the Smuggler’s Run attraction puts you right inside the most famous ship in Star Wars canon.
- 1:13:00 – Greg takes the gun, and gives us a great view of the cockpit in between battles. “That’s a lot of fun!” he said afterward. “That was awesome. I hope you guys enjoyed that as much as I did.”
But what was your favorite part of the tour of Galaxy’s Edge Opening Day? Let us know in the comments.