Your Guide To Disney Cruise Line Entertainment Offerings
One of the MANY things that sets Disney Cruise Line apart from the others is the incredible entertainment that’s included during your sailing. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Kids and adults alike are swept away in the Broadway-style musicals, fireworks at sea, interactive deck shows, and much much more.
Here is a helpful guide to the Disney Cruise Line entertainment offerings:
On every Disney cruise, you can see cruise ship entertainment reach new heights with the most elaborate productions at sea. They’ve taken the most imaginative elements from modern and classic Disney films to bring the stories you love to life on stage.
Some guest favorites include:
- “Beauty and the Beast” on the Disney Dream: Disney’s creative minds joined forces with top Broadway artists to reinvent this story for the stage. An innovative take on the story transforms renowned songs into spectacular, show-stopping numbers, and lavish costumes. Furthermore, you’ll watch master puppetry bringing a fresh perspective to the beloved characters of Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Cogsworth. Audiences of all ages will be enchanted by characters and songs from the Disney classic, along with two musical numbers from the live-action movie.
- “Tangled: The Musical” on the Disney Magic: At last we see the light…only on the high seas! The animated Disney film “Tangled” comes to life on stage as the first adaptation of the endearing story we all love. Disney has also assembled an all-star creative team to develop this original Disney Cruise Line stage spectacular, which includes three new songs created exclusively for the show by Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken and Grammy Award-winning lyricist Glenn Slater, along with pioneering puppetry created by master puppet designer Michael Curry.
- “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular” on the Disney Wonder: Enjoy a heartwarming tale of two sisters with “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular.” Based on the hit film “Frozen,” this musical shows the adventure of Anna and Elsa when an accident as children changes their lives forever. With catchy songs to state-of-the-art designs and technology, this original stage show is a flurry of fun for the whole family!
- “Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” on the Disney Fantasy: From the big screen to the live stage, enjoy this uproarious performance based on the Disney film “Aladdin.” This mythical story of boy meets girl raises the bar with special effects and technology, which often spills the action into the aisles or above the audience. You’ll also enjoy your favorite songs from the movie, or delight in a new song for the production “To Be Free.”
A Disney cruise brings the fun to the upper decks with lively deck parties throughout your vacation!
Some memorable deck parties include:
- “Sailing Away” Deck Party on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy: Jumpstart your vacation to lively beats and interactive dance numbers at this deck party extravaganza. Join in the official cruise countdown punctuated by a mighty roar from the ship’s horn. Then kick up your heels, clap your hands and party down! Mix and mingle with other Guests while enjoying a show that may feature some of your favorite Disney Characters
- “Mickey’s Sail-A-Wave Party!… A Bon Voyage Celebration” on the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic: Wave goodbye to work and school and start your vacation in magical style—dancing with some of your favorite Disney Characters. The new, high-energy Mickey’s Sail-A-Wave Party! also features the latest dance mixes and current favorite music, with 2 great hosts and a terrific DJ leading the way.
- Pirate Night on all Disney ships: This is for only one night on each cruise. Your ship will transform into a pirate vessel for an evening of buccaneer fun! Enjoy stunt performers, pirate battles and a spectacular grand finale – fireworks at sea like only Disney can do!
Mealtimes are also entertainment experiences on your Disney cruise! Elaborately themed restaurants and distinctly Disney touches combine world-class cuisine with a full course of fun.
The unique dining on your Disney cruise includes:
- Rapunzel’s Royal Table on the Disney Magic: Rapunzel’s Royal Table is the first table service restaurant inspired by the beloved story of Disney’s “Tangled”. You’re invited to take a delicious trip to the faraway kingdom of Corona. There you’ll also find King Frederic and Queen Arianna are celebrating Rapunzel’s birthday and the anniversary of her return home. Step inside their royal ballroom where glowing wish lanterns illuminate your path. You’ll also discover the walls are adorned with colorful drawings reflecting Rapunzel’s artistic endeavors. The experience features live entertainment and characters. This includes spirited singing and dancing by Flynn Rider, the mischievous Snuggly Duckling Thugs, and Princess Rapunzel herself!
- Tiana’s Place on the Disney Wonder: Inspired by the animated feature “The Princess and the Frog”. Tiana’s Place transports you to an era of southern charm, spirited jazz and street party celebrations. It also offers a menu influenced by Southern-style cuisine. Adding to the magic, special touches from the movie like family photos, water-lily-shaped candleholders and more help convey the timeless tale of Tiana’s journey from waitress to frog to princess to proud restaurant owner.
- Animator’s Palate on all Disney ships: This is one of the most popular restaurants on Disney’s ships. Animator’s Palate features animation-covered walls and high-definition flat-screens. This is to give you the best view of the animation magic that takes place during your meal.
Disney Cruise Line also offers special days at sea and holiday cruises throughout the year. They bring a wide variety of different entertainment experiences onboard. They also give your family so many ways to make memories during one-of-a-kind celebrations!
Themed Disney cruises include:
- Halloween on the High Seas: Discover magical mischief and spellbinding surroundings as you commemorate Halloween at sea. This spook-tacular experience is available on most itineraries departing late September through Halloween. Thrills and chills await you at every turn. This is thanks to not-so-scary parties, eerie entertainment and bewitching décor. You’ll even encounter a spooky Halloween tree.
- Very Merrytime Cruises: Delight in seasonal magic at sea and discover a jolly fusion of holiday-themed entertainment, activities and décor.
Share in the magic with festive onboard decorations. Furthermore, while onboard you’ll find a life-sized gingerbread house, a 24-foot Christmas tree, garlands, poinsettias and shimmering lights. You’ll also experience numerous merriments sure to warm the hearts of the entire family.
- Marvel Day at Sea on the Disney Magic: Take a stand with some of Marvel’s mightiest for a heroic day filled with one-of-a-kind entertainment, unforgettable meet-and-greets and special offerings for the entire family. Also, these special sailings are available on select 5-night cruises from Miami to The Bahamas and the Western Caribbean in 2020.
- Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy: Blast off in 2020 to experience the heroes, villains and rousing action of the legendary saga up-close. Furthermore, Star Wars Day at Sea is available on select 7-Night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral. They combine the power of the Force and the magic of Disney for an engaging, day-long adventure unlike any other.
Ready to experience Disney Cruise Line for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 and 2020 sailings available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook!