Exploring Adventures by Disney’s Egypt Vacation Itinerary
As we previously announced last week, Adventures by Disney is heading to Egypt in 2020! Today I thought we could take a closer look at what all is in store on this truly a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. This adventure is full of ancient mysteries and modern luxuries all wrapped up with exceptional Disney storytelling. Plus, Disney’s Adventure Guides handle every detail, big or small, so you can focus on having fun with your loved ones in this exquisite destination.
Let’s dive in!
Iconic Adventures in Cairo (Day 1-4)
Accommodations: Bask in the elegance that surrounds you at The Nile Ritz-Carlton. It offers world-class services and amenities that are fit for a pharaoh. Pamper your senses with lavish, Cleopatra-inspired spa treatments, delicious meals at distinctive restaurants and an Olympic-sized swimming pool with deluxe cabanas. The well-appointed guest rooms offer outstanding views of the Nile River.
What to Expect: You’ll spend the two full days completely immersed in the allure of Egyptian history, culture and cuisine. Think privately guided tours, amazing local entertainment, delicious meals and free time to explore on your own. A world-class Egyptologist will join you for many excursions, sharing the captivating stories of the monuments and landmarks around you.
- Old Cairo Tour with Egyptologist – Explore the historic area of the Egyptian capital city with visits to the Citadel of Saladin and the Great Mosque of Mohamed Ali
- Pyramids at Giza – Stand in awe at the breathtaking pyramids in this complex that is home to the iconic Great Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx
- A privately guided tour of the Grand Egyptian Museum – Visit this spectacular museum preserving Egypt’s rich history. Plus, you’ll see the magnificent King Tutankhamun collection
- Night Stroll at Khan el-Khalili Bazaar – Shop for souvenirs as you explore the shops of this major souk (or marketplace) that date back 7 centuries.
Unforgettable Nile River Cruise (Days 4-7)
Accommodations: Check-In to the M/S Tulip, the ship you will be sailing down the Nile River—and your home for the next 3 nights. Cruise the Nile in style as you enjoy deluxe staterooms with French balconies, 3 dining venues, a sundeck swimming pool and a fitness center complete with sauna, Jacuzzi and massage room!
What to Expect – Onboard: Kick off a fun Nile River cruise with a White Elephant Game with the souvenirs you got at the Aswan Souk. Plus, immerse yourself in local cultures with a performance by a Nubian Folkloric group and treat yourself to a traditional henna hand tattoo.
What to Expect – In Port: Along the Nile River, you’ll visit fascinating temples dedicated to the gods and rulers of Ancient Egypt, including the Temple of Isis at Philae, Kom Ombo Temple, the Temple of Edfu and Luxor Temple.
Bonus! Pre- and Post-Cruise Adventures:
- From Cairo, you’ll make a quick stop in Abu Simbel. Tour these massive, iconic rock temples located on Lake Nasser near a Nubian village in Upper Egypt. The temple complex is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site known as the “Nubian Monuments”. It contains twin temples carved out of the mountainside in the 13th century BC. The temples were created as monuments to the Pharaoh Ramesses II and his queen, Nefertari. It is also a commemoration of his victory at the Battle of Kadesh.
- Next stop is Aswan. Before you board the M/S Tulip you’ll set sail on a felucca. This is a traditional wooden sailing boat used in the protected waters of the Red Sea and eastern Mediterranean. Then you’ll set sail for Elephantine Island where you’ll sail to the first cataract. This is a shallow length of the Nile River where a series of massive, elephant-shaped boulders jut out of the river bed.
- After disembarking the M/S Tulip, an Egyptologist will lead you on a tour through the world’s largest ancient religious site at Karnak Temple as they share stories of the decaying temples, massive pillars, avenues of sphinxes and towering 97-foot tall obelisk that make up the complex. Then you’ll explore the Valley of the Kings, where 63 tombs have been discovered. Adventures by Disney guests even get complimentary access into King Tutankhamun’s tomb!
Seaside Bliss in Sharm el-Sheikh (Days 7-9)
Arrive at the magnificent Coral Sea Imperial Sensatori Resort Sharm El Sheikh—your home for the next 2 nights. This world-class resort has an amazing array of amenities, action-packed activities for all ages, stunning pools, and a luxurious spa. Located on the shore of the Red Sea, the resort’s stretch of beach overlooks the Ras Mohammad National Park. There is also a diverse selection of dining options to please all palates.
What to Expect:
Adventures by Disney guests have the unique opportunity to experience a Red Sea beach vacation as part of an Egypt itinerary. This is also the perfect way to end this action-packed trip. You’ll now enjoy a sun-soaked, indulgent retreat that offers a refreshing blend of fun in the sun and relaxation. Group activities are balanced by plenty of free time to sit poolside or embark on your own adventures.
- Private Beachside Bedouin-Themed Dinner & Beach Party – Pay tribute to the local Bedouin nomads who call the Middle Eastern deserts home and are famous for their hospitality. Dine on the beach and also enjoy the warm ambience of a magical seaside setting and a sky full of stars.
- Private Yacht to Red Sea: Snorkeling the Coral Reefs at Ras Mohammad National Park – Board a private yacht and cruise to the southern end of the Sinai Peninsula. This is where you’ll anchor amid the beautiful scenic surroundings of Ras Mohammad National Park. Dive into the pristine waters for a safely-guided snorkeling experience. Your guide will also introduce you to myriad species of tropical fish and expanses of colorful corals.
On Day 9, you’ll return to Cairo for one final night. This includes your farewell dinner with fellow Adventurers. It’s here that you can reminisce on the incredible memories made during this amazing adventure!
The Adventures by Disney Egypt vacation, along with other 2020 itineraries, is available for booking beginning May 16, 2019. Select departures are eligible for savings of up to $750 off per person if you book early. Fill out the form below for more details about this truly once-in-a-lifetime vacation.
Ready to experience Adventures By Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 and 2020 adventures available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!