Amazing Disney World Facts Every Guest Should Know
Penning restaurant reviews and diving deep into the worlds of attraction histories and newly opened entertainment offerings are my favorite Disney topics to cover. Walt Disney’s passion for creativity and imagination is the catalyst that continually drives the Disney Parks into the future.
A world full of artists and creatives would be a lovely place to live in…but all dreamy creativity needs a balance, and in this case, that balance is cold, hard, facts! There are several facts every Walt Disney World traveler should know before they go, and we’ve compiled them all right here for you before you depart for your trip!
- There are 28 Disney owned and operated Resorts on Walt Disney World Property
- The Resorts are categorized by descending price range as follows: Deluxe, Moderate, Value
- The Deluxe Resorts are closer to the Parks (sometimes within walking distance!), feature top-level amenities, and boast larger floor plans in their guest rooms than the other categories.
- Each of the Resorts are themed to represent a geographical location (Disney’s Boardwalk showcases the Jersey Shore of olde) or a Disney-related feat (Art of Animation celebrates Disney’s successes in animation)
- Every Walt Disney World Resort room-only hotel rooms can be booked up to 499 days in advance. Packages, which can include tickets and dining, cannot be booked more than 180 days out.
Magic Kingdom Facts
- The Park’s opening time is reflective of when the attractions open. You can shop and dine on Main Street USA before enjoying the welcome show for an hour prior to the listed opening time!
- The Park is divided into 6 themed lands: Main Street USA, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.
- Magic Kingdom is the host of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party- two seasonal hard-ticketed events boasting short queue lines, special fireworks displays, and unlimited treats!
- Everyone likes to visit Magic Kingdom on the first or last day of their vacations which, for the vast majority, fall on the weekends. Visit during the week for lighter crowds!
General Walt Disney World Resort Facts
- Complimentary busses run to and from all Theme Parks to all Resort hotels every 20 minutes, and guests can check the arrival time of the next bus using the MyDisney Experience app and time their arrivals accordingly.
- Disney Springs is a shopping and dining destination that should not be missed by any traveler! With dozens of restaurants and dozens more retail shops, every age will revel in spending an evening here.
- Reserve early! Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels can book dining reservations 180 days in advance and Fastpass+ reservations 60 days in advance.
- Each of the 4 Theme Parks offer nighttime spectaculars that begin when the Parks close. Be sure to reserve enough energy to stay late!
- Flight of Passage can accommodate hundreds of guests per hour, yet the queue regularly exceeds 4 hours. It is currently the most-popular attraction at the Resort. If you can’t secure a Fastpass+ reservation, my best advice is to save it for the end of the day. The wait time will be significantly shorter than the displayed time on the attraction entrance!
Ready to take your favorite Disney content wherever you go? Check out The Making Magic Podcast, covering all things Disney, hosted by myself and Greg Antonelle by clicking here, or over on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/making-magic/id1449862561?mt=2&i=1000427864780