Out of This World Food at Galaxy’s Edge
Some delicious new details were released this morning, giving us a look at the food at Galaxy’s Edge. With the openings at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort just around the corner, we were happy to feast our eyes on all that this new land will be serving.
If you’re looking for the perfect watering hole to unwind at, head to Oga’s Cantina. Oga Garra (an alien proprietor) lurks in the shadows while travelers come to unwind after a day of space travel and enjoy the musical entertainment provided by DJ R-3X (formerly known as Captain Rex, the Starspeeder 3000 pilot droid from Star Tours).
Guests can share their tales of the galaxy as they sip on exotic beverages served in the most unique vessels. For those 21-years and older, the adult beverage menu includes:
- Bespin Fizz
- Bloody Rancor
- Dagobah Slug Slinger
- Fuzzy Tauntaun
- Jedi Mind Trick
- Jet Juice
- The Outer Rim
- Spriran Caf
- T-16 Skyhopper
- Yub Nub
Of course, there is something for everyone! The non-alcoholic lineup includes:
- Black Spire Brew
- Blue Bantha
- Carbon Freeze
- Cliff Dweller
- Hyperdrive Punch It!
- Jabba Juice
- Moogan Tea
- Tarine Tea
The best news? The beverage menus will be exactly the same at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. So now you don’t have to worry about traveling to another galaxy for your fix.
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
If you’re looking for something to refuel with, head over to Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo. Within this market, a few dining options await guests, including:
- Tuggs Grub
- Ronto Roasters
- The Milk Stand
- Kat Saka’s Kettle
Here Chef Strono “Cookie” Tuggs has created a mobile kitchen/restaurant from a Sienar-Chall Utilipede-Transport. Here you’ll find Tuggs’ Grub, “a traveling diner for diners traveling”, with dishes inspired by his time working on Takodana for Maz Kanata.
Guests can sip on non-alcoholic beverages including Phattro and Moof Juice while enjoying some “out of this world” fare:
- Braised Shaak Roast – beef pot roast with cavatelli pasta, kale, and mushrooms
- Fried Endorian Tip Yip – decadent chicken dish with roasted vegetable mash and herb gravy
- Felucian Garden Spread – plant-based kefta “meatball” dish with herb hummus and tomato- cucumber relish and pita bread
- Ithorian Garden Load – plant-based “meatloaf” dish served with roasted vegetable mash, seasonal vegetables and mushroom sauce
- Smoked Kaadu Ribs – smoked country sticky pork ribs with a blueberry corn muffin and cabbage slaw
- Oven-roasted Burra Fish – Dijon-crusted sustainable fish with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing
- Oven-roasted Tip Yip – roasted chicken with mixed greens, roasted vegetables, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds with a creamy green curry ranch dressing
- Yobshrimp Noodle Salad – marinated noodle salad with chilled shrimp
You’ll want to be sure to save room for dessert. Your options include:
- Raspberry Crème Puff with Passion Fruit Mousse
- Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Mousse and Coffee Custard
In case the little ones prefer some “familiar fare”, the children’s menu includes:
- Fried chicken with macaroni and cheese
- Chilled Shrimp with vegetables and rice noodle salad (with sweet orange dressing)
If you’re looking to sink your teeth into sandwiches stuffed with barbecue type goodness, check out Ronto Roasters. As guests line up to order, they’ll spot a former smelter droid turning the spits of meat and complaining about his job. The menu item includes:
- Meiloorun Juice
- Turkey Jerky
- Ronto Wrap – filled with spiced grilled sausage and roasted pork
- Sour Sarlacc (non-alcoholic)
- Tatooine Sunset (non-alcoholic)
The Milk Stand
Here guests will get to try the two local favorites straight out of the Star Wars films. That’s right, indulge in both the Green Milk and Blue Milk. s
Kat Saka’s Kettle
This vendor will most likely be comparable to a popcorn stand/ice cream cart that you’d see throughout the parks- although we expect a bit more theming. Kat Saka’s Kettle, along with a few other locations, will serve local delicacies. You’ll find the OutPost Mix – a colorful popcorn snack combining savory, spicy and sweet flavors- right here at Kat Saka’s Kettle.
What are you most excited to try once Galaxy’s Edge opens? Keep following along with MickeyBlog for more details and updates on the opening of this new land!
Source and Photo Credit: D23
Want to be one of the first to visit Galaxy’s Edge? Contact me today so we can start planning! In addition to a full range of complimentary planning services, I’ll make sure you get all of the best insider tips to make your Disney Vacation a dream come true! Simply fill out the form below, send an email to email@example.com, follow me on Facebook, or call (716) 601-7710 for more information. MickeyTravels is a Platinum-Level, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.