“Mickey’s Mix Magic” Nighttime Projection Show Debuts Tomorrow at Disneyland
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” a brand new high-energy projection show will begin lighting up the night sky at Disneyland park starting tomorrow – January 18th. The nighttime extravaganza is a celebration of Mickey Mouse and creates a family-fun dance party throughout the park complete with “DJ” Mickey spinning an all-new celebration song “It’s a Good Time.”
This new evening extravaganza is making its debut at Disneyland Resort as part of the Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration. This special event is shaping up to be the biggest party in Disneyland history that pays tribute to this lovable duo. Visitors to Disneyland park will have the opportunity to dance and sing along as state-of-the-art projections. magical lighting and colorful lasers transform Main Street, U.S.A, “it’s a small world” and the water screens at Rivers of America.
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” Fun Facts
To get you in the mood for this exciting new Disneyland offering check out some of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” exciting fun facts.
- The new song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is underway at Disney Parks around the world, celebrating 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Guests can also dance and sing along to these tunes during “Mickey’s Mix Magic”: “I Wanna Be Like You” (The Jungle Book), “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (The Aristocats), “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin), “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (theme song from The Haunted Mansion attraction), “Un Poco Loco” (Coco) and “Let It Go” (Frozen).
- The musical score of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” was inspired by “house music,” bringing energy and fun that the whole family will enjoy.
- The multi-speaker audio design in “Mickey’s Mix Magic” lends itself to the “dance party” feel of the show immersing guests in surround sound.
- Each viewing area in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March)– has a custom projection design.
- More than two dozen video projectors bring “Mickey’s Mix Magic” to life throughout the park. There are 14 projectors on Main Street, U.S.A., alone.
- Nearly 100 special lighting fixtures are used throughout the show, and they sit atop 10 different rooftops throughout the theme park.
- Disney Parks Live Entertainment collaborated with the team behind the Mickey animated shorts to bring the spirit of Mickey Mouse to the show. Minnie Mouse is also featured, showing off some of her dance moves.
- Much of the video projection of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, favorite Disney characters are creatively showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move in time music beat.
Steven Davison, executive creative director of parades & spectaculars for Disney Parks Live Entertainment had this to say about this exciting new offering, “It’s unlike anything we’ve done with a projection show before, both visually with bright kaleidoscope colors and musically with the fun, electro-swing tunes that ‘DJ’ Mickey spins. It’s such a good time, and I can’t wait to see kids of all ages enjoying this massive dance party throughout Disneyland Park!”
So what are you waiting for? Check out “Mickey’s Mix Magic” by planning your next Disney getaway. Fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook