Cozy Up With This Candy Cane Pots de Créme Recipe from the Disney Festival of Holidays
Today marks the first day of winter! And, most likely the chill has set in where you live. If you are looking to cozy up with a little holiday cheer, I am here to share the perfect recipe with you – Pots de Créme from the Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park.
The peppermint-infused Pots de Créme is the perfect ending to serve at your holiday parties! To make it even more magical, serve it with a biscotti and a bottle of late vintage port wine. As the name implies, this dessert is typically served in “pots” but works well nicely when served in wine and martini glasses!
CANDY CANE POTS DE CRÈME RECIPE:
Ingredients for Candy Cane Pots de Créme
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Garnishes for Candy Cane Pots de Créme
- Whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Chocolate peppermint bark
For Candy Cane Pots de Créme
- Stir together powdered gelatin and water in small bowl; let it sit while cream heats (gelatin will solidify).
- Heat heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Do not bring to a boil.
- Once cream begins to steam, add gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg yolks and sugar until pale in color.
- While whisking continuously, drizzle 1/2 cup of hot cream into egg yolk mixture.
- Whisk remaining egg yolk mixture into hot cream. Turn heat to low.
- Continue cooking and stirring until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon (155°F), about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chocolate to a large bowl and pour hot cream mixture over chocolate.
- Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir well (or carefully blend mixture in a blender or using a stick blender).
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Pour into 4-ounce serving cups and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
TO Serve Candy Cane Pots de Créme
- Once pots de crème are firm, use a pastry bag with a star tip to pipe a rosette of whipped cream on top (or dollop whipped cream on top).
- Just before serving, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and add peppermint bark on top of whipped cream.
(This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version. All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc.)
Not wanting to cook anymore this holiday season? Then, head over to the Disneyland Resort and attend the Disney Festival of Holidays at Disney California Adventure Park. The festive event, which runs until January 8, 2019, features all kinds of tasty treats and simply-stunning sips!
If you are would like some more recipes straight from the festivals held at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort, then make sure to pick up the new Disney Festivals Cookbook. It’s available for purchase at in Epcot and Disney California Adventure Park.
Will you be making the Candy Cane Pots de Créme this holiday season? Let us know in the comments below!
Planning a visit to Walt Disney World or Disneyland? Fill out the form below or send an email to Holly@MickeyTravels.com for a FREE, no-obligation quote. As an agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum Earmarked Agency), I will be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch via email at Holly@MickeyTravels.com or calling 954.401.9577. Also, make sure to CLICK HERE to follow along with my Facebook page for all things Disney and giveaways!
Image/Source Credit: Disney