D23’s Walt Disney Studios Tour Expands In 2019
If you are a D23 member (or thinking about becoming one), you won’t want to miss this! The incredibly popular Official Walt Disney Studios Tours are not only returning for 2019, they have added more tours! Beginning with the first 2019 tour on January 26th, these D23 member-exclusive tours will continue for four weekends. The April tour date will be exclusive to Gold Family Members, sold as a “Family 4-Pack”. In addition, D23 Gold and Gold Family Members have an opportunity for a one of a kind, ultimate tour. D23’s Behind-the-Scenes Experience: A Day on the Studio Lot will take place in Spring and Fall 2019. How exciting!
Highlights of The Walt Disney Studios Tour
D23 Gold and Gold Family Members have the rare opportunity to enjoy a two and a half hour tour of the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California. This exclusive experience includes a visit to Walt Disney’s office suite and the Walt Disney Archives.
Highlights of this amazing tour include:
The Original Animation Building
- See where beloved animated films including Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp, and the Jungle Book were created
- Visit the historic soundstages used for filming such Disney live-action movie classics as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Mary Poppins, and Pirates of the Caribbean
- Explore the beautiful Disney Legends Plaza, which honors those who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy
- See the memorable exterior spaces on the lot, which have been featured in productions from the Mickey Mouse Club and The Absent-Minded Professor, as well as Saving Mr. Banks, Muppets Most Wanted, and ABC’s black-ish!
The Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney’s Office
- Explore the rich legacy and historical collections found in the archives
- Visit Walt Disney’s resorted 3H office suite filled with original furnishings, awards and items from the master showman’s personal collection
- Receive an exclusive pin to commemorate this memorable experience
- Shop at the Disney Studio Store for items only available on the Studio lot
Highlights of D23’s Behind-the-Scenes Experience
- Visit the Ink and Paint Department
- Have lunch in a private dining room at The Rotunda (the executive dining location inside Team Disney Building)
Tour Times and Pricing
The Walt Disney Studios Tours will take place at The Walt Disney Studios at 9am, 10am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 1pm, 1:30pm and 2pm. Check-in will begin outside the Hyperion Bungalow 30 minutes before your tour. The first tour will take place January 26th, 2019 exclusively for Gold Members. Tickets go on sale today, December 14th, at 10am PT (1pm EST). $80 per person plus a $7 per person processing fee. Get your tickets here. For the first time, (beginning in March), weekday tours will be available to Gold, Gold Family, and General Members.
The Behind-the-Scenes Experience will be offered monthly starting in March (Gold and Gold Family exclusive). Ticketing information will be released soon so stayed tuned!
Know Before You Go
- D23 Gold and Gold Family Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest.
- Children under the age of 10 are not able to partake in this experience.
- Only confirmed ticketed attendees will be able to enter The Walt Disney Studios on January 26, 2019.
- D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) will not be permitted inside Walt Disney’s office suite. Guests utilizing a wheelchair will need to transfer to a wheelchair supplied by the Walt Disney Archives.
- Photography and video recording will be permitted during portions of the tour, but flash photography and recording of any kind will not be permitted inside Walt Disney’s office suite.
Source Credit: D23
Dreaming of a Disney Vacation? Contact me today to start planning your perfect Disney trip and get all of the best insider tips. Fill out the form below, send an email to email@example.com, or follow me on Facebook. As a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels (a Platinum-Level, Authorized Disney Vacation Planner) I offer a full range of complimentary planning services to make sure your Disney Vacation is everything you’ve dreamed. I specialize in all Disney Destinations including Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani and Adventures by Disney. Let’s make your Disney vacation magical!