Amazing Ways to Spend Thanksgiving at Disney World
There really is no place like home for the holidays, and since you’re reading this, I know you consider Walt Disney World Resort your ‘home’ just as much as the place you reside! Home is really wherever there is food to be shared and loved ones to share it with, and there is no shortage of Thanksgiving food options at Walt Disney World! Since you’re spending the holiday at the place where dreams come true, check out all the places you can chow down and fill up on Thanksgiving-style foods in the Parks!
Tip: Wear forgiving stretchy pants!
Thanksgiving is here! I know, it seems like Halloween was just last week (probably because I’m still working through my candy bag from Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party), but believe it or not, the time has already come and gone to book advanced dining reservations for Thanksgiving day meals at the Resort. No fear, though! If you aren’t up for waiting for a table, here are my favorite on-the-go options that will supply all the flavors of the holiday you’re craving!
- Turkey Leg– Of course this had to start the list! You can get them in each of the Parks now, but the classic, quintessential spot to grab a leg is in Frontierland! The cart is located just across the road from Country Bear Jamboree, and the massive legs are definitely big enough to share- especially between kids!
- Apple Crisp A La Mode– You’ll have to head all the way to Hollywood for this one…and the journey is well worth it! Hollywood Scoops (Hollywood Studios) is home to the apple crisp a la mode that is the perfect, deconstructed take on traditional apple pie. If you’re skeptical, consider this fact: anything with a scoop of vanilla ice cream has to be great!
Quick Serve Thanksgiving
If you’re not in the mood to wait for a table service spot to be come available, and aren’t keen on feasting while you walk, consider these quick-serve options!
- Sunshine Seasons– I always recommend this quick-serve restaurant in Epcot to any large group. The food is fresh- and sometimes even sourced from Living with the Land- and there are a wide variety of stations to suit every member of your party’s’ tastes! On Thanksgiving specifically, they’ll be serving up a traditional platter of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, and cranberry sauce, yum!
- Satu’li Canteen– Since its opening, Satu’li Canteen in Animal Kingdom has offered a Thanksgiving Day twist on their build-you-own bowls. You’ll have to travel lightyears away from the country where Thanksgiving originated to the land of Pandora, but their wood-grilled turkey paired with green beans is a one-day-only treat well worth the ‘travel time’.
Traditional Table-Service Thanksgiving
If you and your clan haven’t snagged a table service reservation but have your hearts set on a sit-down meal on the big day, stand-by any of these restaurants! They’re all serving special Thanksgiving meals, and they WILL be crowded. If you decide to go, go early, and bring the good old American virtue: patience.
- Liberty Tree Tavern– Serving turkey and other meats, mac and cheese, homemade, cranberry sauce, and the best darn dessert you’ll find anywhere- ooey gooey toffee cake!
- Le Cellier- Disney wants you to visit the Canada Pavilion to celebrate the holiday that originated stateside. A bit odd? Definitely. Completely delicious? Absolutely! The restaurant is traditionally a steakhouse, but on Thanksgiving day you can expect to find Canadian (American) classics like turkey and mashed potatoes.
- Rose and Crown– Another departure from our domestic shores, a trip to the UK is in order for this Thanksgiving feast! The restaurant, featuring gorgeous waterside seating and breathtaking Illuminations views, will serve a Thanksgiving- inspired menu for lunch and dinner!
Are you planning to book a Disney vacation for you and your family? I’d love to help! I am a proud MickeyTravels Authorized Vacation Planner (Platinum Level) specializing in all Disney destinations. From hotel to FastPass+ reservations, I will help with each and every aspect of your trip. And the best part about my services is that they are completely FREE!
You can find me over on Facebook, or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-308-6257. I can’t wait to start planning your dream Disney vacation!