Disney Festival of Holidays Begins Tonight At Disney California Adventure
At Disney California Adventure Park, the popular Disney Festival of Holidays kicks off tonight (November 9th) to entertain guests with the sights, sounds and tastes of diverse cultural festivities along with plenty of magic!
Disney Festival of Holidays
Disney Festival of Holidays is a heartwarming celebration of the holiday season. It’s inspired by diverse cultural festivities and meaningful traditions associated with Christmas, Navidad, Hanukkah, Diwali, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day. Furthermore, this contemporary seasonal celebration brings guests together for a uniquely Disney festival, running from Nov. 9, 2018-Jan. 8, 2019.
Guests will discover something around every corner, from festive food and beverage in 12 marketplace locations to fun craft-making and the universal languages of music and dance. Younger guests will also enjoy fun games, cookie decorating, face painting and kid crafts that will introduce children to the significance of these holiday traditions.
The daily lineup of entertainment also includes special performing ensembles that range from an a cappella group with a soulful sound to a dance company that brings a fun dance party for all.
Festive Foods Marketplace
The Festive Foods Marketplace features a wide variety of season’s eating’s, holiday comfort dishes that span cultures and family traditions. From brand new items like the lox & everything bagel nachos to returning favorites like the roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, the food and beverage at 12 marketplace locations will tempt guests as they stroll through Disney California Adventure, from Carthay Circle to Paradise Gardens.
Also, for added fun guests may pick up a Disney Festival of Holidays Tasting Passport at any of the Festive Foods Marketplace kiosks and receive stamps as they taste their way through the unique cuisines. Guests who collect all the marketplace stamps will receive a special completion stamp. Additionally, guests may choose to purchase a Sip and Savor Pass to get the best value as they taste their way through eight food or non-alcoholic beverages from the participating Festive Food Marketplaces.
Kiosk Names and Menu Items:
- Brews & Bites— Chorizo queso fundido with house-made tortilla chips, beer flights and beer by the glass
- Favorite Things—Holiday ham shanks with brown sugar-pineapple glaze, Reuben potato tots with Russian dressing and rye toast, cranberry sangria with lime garnish, egg nog cocktail with whipped cream and nutmeg dusting
- Holiday Duets—Shrimp and grits with Andouille sausage, holiday Mickey and Minnie cookies, curry cauliflower soup with braised lamb and mintchurri, warm peppermint chocolate float
- Making Spirits Bright— Mimosa flight, white and red wine flights, sparkling wine
- Vision of Sugarplums— White chocolate cranberry blondie, eggnog wreath éclair with white chocolate icing, warm sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce, horchata fudge, warm Bourbon cider with house-made Bourbon-infused whipped cream, s’mores frozen chocolate milk
- Merry Mashups— Turkey and stuffing tamale with cranberry relish, lox & everything bagel nachos, holiday punch with lime sherbet and sprite, “hot cocoa” marshmallow macaroon, sparkling wine punch
Kiosk Names and Menu Items Continued:
- Winter Wonders— Pumpkin soup with maple cashew cream, chana masala with grilled garlic naan, vanilla & cranberry trifle. Additionally, a pomegranate lemonade (non-alcoholic) is a tasty treat
- Blissfully Braised— Braised pork belly adobo with garlic fried rice, cornbread cakes with braised collard greens and smoked bacon gravy. Also available is a blood orange ginger mule
- Grandma’s Recipes— Candied yams with marshmallow cream and toasted pecans, beef pot roast on a potato roll with horseradish cream. Last but not least enjoy a tasty gingerbread Mickey
- Winter Sliderland— Roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, milk chocolate candy cane pot de crème, holiday stuffing mac & cheese, frosty frosé
- Spicy Celebrations— Nashville hot fried turkey with dill pickles and jalapeño latkes with chipotle crema featuring Horizon organic sour cream. Also, don’t forget to try the pomegranate margarita with chipotle-smoked sea salt half-rim!
- A Twist on Tradition— Black Forest yule log, “chicken-less” mole with Spanish rice,and pozole rojo beef with hominy polenta. Also included is winter michelada with Modelo Negra and brown sugar rim.
In addition, Paradise Garden Grill offers seasonal specials for Disney ¡Viva Navidad! including the vegan chile relleno, street-style tacos, chicken mole and red sangria.
Festival of Holidays Entertainment
- Guests will sing along with the GRAMMY® Award-winning Mariachi Divas. Enjoy their repertoire of catchy, bilingual holiday tunes as they perform at the Pacific Wharf.
- Mostly Kosher celebrates the magic of Hanukkah. They also showcase an entertaining and eclectic musical tapestry that weaves together klezmer, Latin, jazz and rock at Sonoma Terrace.
- Additionally, the spirited performers of Blue13 Dance Company turn up the fun with traditional Indian dances. Their performances are found at Paradise Gardens Park that celebrate Diwali and build to a Bollywood-inspired party for all!
- Also, The Sound delivers an a capella performance celebrating Kwanzaa and Christmas. Their soulful and heartwarming vocal performances of classic holiday songs at Pacific Wharf and Paradise Gardens Park are definite crowd-pleasers.
- At the Obelisk, the mischievous Holiday Toy Drummers march to their own merry beat. Watch as they also perform precision drills with holiday cheer.
- Last but not least, Phat Cat Swinger presents brassy, classic, swinging holiday music selections. Crowds enjoy a fresh new twist each evening at Paradise Garden Park.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2018 and 2019 packages available. Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow me on Facebook!