Renderings Reveal Disney Cruise Line’s New Terminal At Port Canaveral
Disney Cruise Line’s terminal at Port Canaveral will be transforming over the next two years to accommodate the new ships. While these renovations have been in the works for some time now, we are officially hearing word of the new plans to move ahead. The October 31st Port of Canaveral Board of Commissioners meeting gave everyone a sneak peek of the new terminal.
Timeline For Port Canaveral Terminals
The current plan for Port Canaveral is to finish up Terminal 3 by May 2020. Carnival Cruise Line can then shift from it’s current home in Terminal 5, allowing Disney to also shift. Once that move is made, the current DCL terminal, 8, can then begin it’s major overhaul. This project will require that Terminal 8 be shut down completely for May, June, and into July of 2020. Terminal 10 will be utilized while Terminal 8 is closed. The Terminal 8 project is scheduled to begin at the end of 2019.
What Will Be Included In The Expansion For Guests?
While all of the talk about a terminal expansion for Disney Cruise Line sounds fantastic, most guests are wondering, “What does that mean for my experience?” Not only will the new terminal be roomier and updated, here are a few things guests can look forward to for their embarkation day!
- While the preferred parking lot will decrease in size, the baggage screening area will get a new 6,939 square feet building.
- The arrivals hall will expand by 4,639 feet.
- New ADA compliant ramp for passenger debarkation
- New ‘Jet-Way’ style passenger boarding bridge and marine improvements
- Concierge area will expand by 1,214 square feet
- 2nd floor seating will greatly increase, from approximately 380 seats to 1,000 seats, (all lounge style with USB charger ports)
- The POV drop off area will expand to accommodate around 24 cars, increased from around 10 cars.
Nothing is set completely in stone as of yet, but this certainly gives Disney Cruise Line guests something to look forward to when cruising out of Port Canaveral.
Source Credit: Disney Cruise Ling Blog
Would you like a Disney destination vacation? Did you know that I can book and plan your entire trip for FREE? Contact me today at MickeyTravels for your FREE, no obligation quote for a Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures By Disney vacation! My magical planning services are included at no extra cost. You can find me on Facebook or via email at email@example.com.