8 Festive Reasons to Stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel This Holiday Season
We can’t think of a better time to enjoy Disneyland than during the Holiday Season when the Resort undergoes an impressive seasonal transformation. Nowhere is this more evident than at the three incredible official Disneyland hotels. With the Christmas Season officially kicking off on November 9th and running through January 6, 2019, there is still plenty of time to “WOW” your family with a destination Christmas. To give you a taste of all that awaits here are 8 magical experiences you can have when staying on-property at Disneyland.
1. Christmas Trees, Decor and More: The Craftsman-style interior at the Grand Californian is also the inspiration for the wonderful holiday touches added each November. During a Yuletide visit here you’ll find garlands woven from natural materials, a towering tree adorned with Craftsman-style ornaments and so much more. In keeping with the retro style of the Disneyland Hotel (pictured above) guests will find silver trees and decorations in a wide array of bright colors. Disney’s Paradise Pier hotel is brimming with seaside charm featuring decorations on oceanic hues of blue, green and silver along with shells and starfish garlands.
2. Fantastic Vacation Bargains- Planning a last-minute Disneyland getaway doesn’t mean you have to miss out on bargains! Disneyland is currently offering up to 25% off select rooms at the Hotels of Disneyland Resort on select Sunday- Thursday evenings through December 20, 2018. Guests can save up to 20% of standard rooms and 25% off premium rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel. The Disneyland Hotel is offering savings of up to 15% on standard room and 20% on premium rooms. Over at Paradise Pier guests may be eligible of a discount of up to 10% on premium rooms! Fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote with MickeyTravels.
3. Gingerbread Galore – A highlight for those staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa each Holiday Season is the giant gingerbread replica of the hotel serving as the focal point of their holiday lobby display. Standing at 7 feet tall and spanning 12 feet, the structure is made up of more than 600 pounds of gingerbread, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant and features 25 hidden Mickeys. Guests can also purchase sweet treats including Mickey snowflake cookies from the neighboring holiday cart.
4. Santa Claus and Carolers: No holiday visit to Disneyland would be complete without the opportunity to visit the man in red! Santa will be in residence at each hotel from November 22 – December 24. Christmas Carolers will also be seen strolling around the properties wowing guests with their vocal stylings and bringing big doses of Christmas cheer!
5. A Very Merry Holiday Tea Party: Those looking to celebrate the season in style will definitely want to make reservations for this traditional afternoon tea service. The tea party will take place at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel on select dates from November 16 – December 31, 2018. The service includes indulgent treats like the Monte Cristo donut with lingonberry jam, cucumber hummus, smoked salmon pumpernickel, a classic British curry chicken sandwich, chocolate “coal” scones and desserts shaped like wreaths, snowmen and Mickey! There will be an array of seasonal teas on offer including apple pie green tea, a herbal sugarplum rooibos and a nutcracker black tea with hints of hazelnut and vanilla. There will also be speciality cocktails for those 21 and older including a pear martini cocktail and a peppermint champagne spritz. Reservations are essential and can be made by calling 714.781.DINE.
6. Extra Magic Hour: A huge perk of staying onsite at Disneyland is having convenient access to both parks. Disneyland makes it easy by offering their hotel guests Extra Magic Hour admission. With a valid theme park ticket, you can enter the park one hour before it opens to the general public and sneak in a few of your favorite attractions before the holiday crowds descend!
7. Order Up a Christmas Tree for Your Room – Visiting Disneyland during the Holiday Season doesn’t mean having to skip out on holiday decorations. By enlisting the services of Disney Floral and Gifts you can have a Christmas Tree delivered right to your hotel room! Watch the look on your little ones faces as you surprise them with a 4-foot, pre-lit Christmas tree, holiday decor and gift baskets filled with Disney-themed holiday goodies! And with Disney you needn’t worry about leaving all these gorgeous trimmings behind. Instead, you can have them shipped home!
8. Holiday Shopping – Those looking to do a bit of last-minute Christmas shopping will find gift shops at each hotel offering a unique array of Disney merchandise. Each of Disneyland’s onsite properties are also steps away from Downtown Disney where you’ll find an even larger variety of retail options. A highlight of Disneyland’s downtown shopping district is the newly re-imagined 40,000 square ft World of Disney. Other favorite boutiques include Disney Home , The Disney Dress Shop, Sephora, PANDORA Jewelry and Curl Surf.
So what are you waiting for? Surprise those you love with a Holiday-themed getaway to the happiest place on Earth. Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quote with MickeyTravels.
Thinking about surprising someone you love this Holiday Season with a Disney getaway? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can work with you to find your perfect package, add special touches to make your stay truly magical and will be with you every step of the way including booking FastPass and dining reservations. And did I mention my service are absolutely FREE! Email me at MRoden@mickeytravels.com or follow me on Facebook to find out more.