Celebrating Donald Duck’s Birthday
His feathers are always ruffled because he isn’t the Leader of the Club, so when Donald Duck received his own National Day dedicated entirely to his name, I can only imagine his excitement when he heard the news! Being one of the Fab 5 is no small undertaking and between TV appearances and maintaining a presence in the Parks for his fans, he’s a pretty busy guy! On June 9th though, Donald’s presence on his National Day was maybe the largest yet, and you had more chances to catch the wacky duck than ever before!
- In Mexico, you can meet El Pato Donald. Just off finishing a set with the Three Caballeros, Donald is decked out in his band’s performance attire complete with a sombrero!
- Step right up to the Big Top circus tent in Magic Kingdom and let yourself be hypnotized by the illusive and alluring magician- Donald Duck!
- For the newest and hottest Donald meet-and-greet, you’ll want to pack your time machine, because we’re going back to prehistoric times to find him over in Dinoland USA. This experience is only available for the summer, so don’t miss your chance to see the Donld-themed décor before it goes extinct!
- I’ve seen Donald Duck make frequent appearances in his classic blue sailor outfit near the entrances to both Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. Neither of these experiences will be listed in a times guide, but if you’re lucky, you just may run into Mr. Duck in his traditional get up.
Dine with Donald
If you want to spend even more time in Donald’s presence than you get in an average meet-and-greet in the Parks, there are three character dining experiences featuring a guaranteed appearance by Donald Duck…I told you he’s busy! Bring your cameras, autograph books, and appetites to these experiences, and be sure to wish Donald a happy “National Day” when he visits your party’s table!
- Tusker House – Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Chef Mickey’s – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Cape May Café – Disney’s Beach Club Resort
As you can imagine, June 9th shaped up to be a hugely busy day for Donald! After all, his wing span is only so big…he can’t be everywhere you know! In addition to meeting his throngs of adoring fans, Donald planned a full day’s worth of performances, which you were all invited to attend! If you weren’t able to meet him on June 9th, here are a list of shows that Donald will be appearing in on other days:
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros- Epcot
- Fantasmic!– Hollywood Studios
- Disney Jr Live On Stage- Hollywood Studios
- Mickey’s Philharmagic- Magic Kingdom
- Festival of Fantasy- Magic Kingdom
Thanks for visiting MickeyBlog.com! For a FREE quote on your next Disney vacation, please fill out the form below!
Special thanks to Maria Salerno for writing this article: Hiya pal! I am a NYC-based writer/musician thrilled to be bringing you all things Disney! I’m a WDW Annual Passholder, so you can find me in the parks regularly throughout the year. In addition to being a Disney Parks loving girl, I’m also a Disney toy and merchandise collector, a runDisney enthusiast, and Disney music and movie aficionado. You can follow me on Instagram: NYCtoAP and find me on YouTube: NYCtoAP. Thanks for reading, hope to see ya real soon!