Top 5 Highlights of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts
The 2018 Epcot International Festival of the Arts is in full swing at Walt Disney World resort. The festival celebrates visual, performing, and culinary art from around the world and runs through February 19th at Epcot. Back for it’s 2nd year, Disney’s newest festival will delight art lover’s of all ages.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights of this year’s festival!
5. Workshops/Seminars – Several experiences spotlight this year’s Odyssey Festival Center. Guests can learn to draw Disney animated characters; get tips on taking the perfect photos; and study a host of artistic genres including acrylics, watercolors, musical composition, storytelling and even floral arranging. The seminars are included with Epcot admission and are generally 30 minutes; and the workshops have a nominal fee but last 75 minutes and include hands-on training and a cool take-away. Seminars can be reserved day-of at the Odyssey Festival Center. Workshops can be booked in advance by calling (407) WDW-TOUR.
4. Kids’ Activities – Younger guests will discover lots of activities including “Figment’s Brush with the Masters,” a scavenger hunt through the countries of World Showcase. They can also grab a paintbrush and join in on the fun as they help create a wall mural at Expression Section in World Showcase Plaza; and there is even an interactive kids “chalk art” area this year.
3. Artful Photo Ops – Put yourself into classic masterworks of art and take the perfect selfie. This year’s newest photo ops allow guests to step into Boticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and “picture” themselves in an homage to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
2. Food Studios – Culinary fans will be excited to see more options at the Epcot International Festival of the Arts this year. Guests can find edible works of art including a basil- scented salmon roulade with purple rice and Romesco sauce; wild mushroom risotto with aged parmesan, truffle shavings and Zinfandel reduction; and a deconstructed Reuben sandwich, with shredded corned beef, Thousand Island dressing, pickled red cabbage and a rye curl. And the sweets are just as tempting with my favorite being the Pop’t Art cookie with strawberry filling.
1. Disney on Broadway Series – Broadway fans can catch the Disney on Broadway series Fridays through Mondays during the festival. One of the best ways to experience Disney on Broadway is through a dining package. Guests can book a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner, and later enjoy priority seating at the show. For more information on the Festival, call 407-WDW-DINE or 407-939-3463.
Are you attending the Epcot International Festival of the Arts this year? Share your Disney experiences and pictures with us below! We would love to hear from you.
Find these tips helpful and would like some more to make your Disney vacation the most magical and stress-free ever? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.770.800.6500, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.