Disney On Broadway: Fashions On Display
Have you been to a Disney on Broadway show?
Well, whether you have sampled the selection or are thinking about finding tickets, this exhibit might just be for you. Students from the Fashion Institute of Technology from around the world “will create contemporary looks for the likes of Frozen‘s Anna and Elsa, Aladdin‘s Jasmine, and The Lion King‘s Nala.”
Disney On Broadway Fashions
Disney on Broadway has teamed up with the Fashion Institute of Technology to give students from around the world the opportunity to create re-imagined designs for some of Disney’s beloved female characters.
Ten FIT students from the U.S., China, South Korea, India, and the Dominican Republic have been selected as finalists in the design challenge, which celebrates the 25th anniversary of Disney on Broadway and approaching 75th anniversary of the college.
The students, who are designing contemporary outfits for some familiar characters seen on the Broadway stage, will have their garments on display in an exhibition at the Art and Design Gallery located in FIT’s Pomerantz Art and Design Center September 19–October 6.
Thought: Was this exhibit inspired by the famous Ralph Breaks The Internet scene?
But I digress…
Disney-Inspired Designs On Display
Here are some of the outfits that will be on display:
- Paige Walker (above), a fourth-year student from Ontario, Canada, designing for Belle from Beauty and the Beast
- Marianna Gonzalez, a fourth-year student from Brownsville, Texas, designing for Jane from Tarzan
- Eunhye Jo, a third-year student from Seoul, South Korea, designing for Rafiki from The Lion King
- Ashna Moogi, a third-year student from Bangalore, India, designing for Elsa from Frozen
- Yelayny Placencia, a fourth-year student from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, designing for Anna from Frozen
- Ruby SeoHee Shin, a fourth-year student from South Korea, designing for Nala from The Lion King
Credit: http://www.playbill.com/article/fashion-institute-of-technology-to-display-new-looks-for-disney-on-broadways-leading-ladiesCheck out the full list and tell us:
Have you been to a Disney on Broadway show? If so, which and what about the production left the biggest impression? The sets? The actors? The costumes? Let us know in the comments.