Join The 2019 CHOC Walk in the Park Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder Team!
Calling all Disneyland Annual Passholders! Sign-ups are now open for the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders team for the 2019 CHOC Walk in the Park. The 2019 CHOC Walk in the Park is more than a visit to the Disneyland Resort―it’s a celebration of community! The Walk allows participants to support an extraordinary organization, gives families a way to thank the doctors and nurses who care for their children, and provides an opportunity for patients to share their stories.
Event Day Details
- Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Opening ceremony Main Street U.S.A. – TBD timing.
- Entrance cutoff time: TBD
- 5K walk through Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park.
- Early Bird Registration $85 per person (3 and older)
- Late Registration $95 after July 29, 2019.
- Walkers ages 2 and under FREE
- CHOC Walk information booth will be available morning of for questions.
- FREE Parking at the Disneyland® Resort will be available for all CHOC Walk participants.
Make Every Step Count
CHOC continues to provide the best available care to children in our community. Your support helps ensure that every child in need will receive medical care, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
CHOC Walk in the Park History
Throughout the event’s 29-year history, CHOC Walk in the Park―presented by the Disneyland Resort―has raised more than $35 million to help support care, services, education and research for children undergoing medical treatment and their families.
Last year, 585 walkers joined the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders CHOC Walk Team―and raised more than $123,000! Let’s continue the momentum and exhibit true Passholder power by working toward this year’s fundraising goal of $140,000.
An Exciting Walk – with Character!
Participants in the 2019 CHOC Walk in the Park will enjoy a family-friendly 5K walk through Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park and the Downtown Disney District. Along the way, you’ll discover unique photo opportunities as some cherished Disney friends cheer you on.
After crossing the finish line, the celebration continues in the Downtown Disney District with special offers from select event sponsors, shops and restaurants—simply show your event wristband to get in on the deal.
How to Join the Team
Only active Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders can register for the CHOC Walk Team. For early bird registration, each team member must raise a minimum $85 donation in order to participate. A team member who registers after 4:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday, July 29, 2019, must raise a minimum $95 donation. Once registered, Passholders may add non-Passholders to the team as long as each participant meets the donation minimum. The more, the merrier!
Can’t attend the event in person? Qualified participants can still participate by registering and fundraising—and are also eligible to receive the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders CHOC Walk Team fundraising incentives.
New team member registration closes at 4:00 PM Pacific Time on Saturday, August 10, 2019—or when our CHOC Walk Team reaches maximum capacity. There is no on-site registration on the day of the event.
Upon joining the Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders CHOC Walk Team, you are eligible to earn* the following fundraising incentives, available only for team members:
- Participants who raise $150 or more will receive a special 2019 Annual Passholder CHOC Walk pin.
- The first 250 participants who raise $225 or more will receive a special 2019 Annual Passholder CHOC Walk cinch bag.
- The first 150 team members who raise at least $400 will receive a special Annual Passholder CHOC Walk water bottle.
- The Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders CHOC Walk Team member who raises the most funds, and is a U.S. resident at least 21 years of age, will receive a complimentary one-night stay in a Disneyland Resort hotel plus a 7-hour VIP Tour of the Disneyland Resort for the Passholder and up to 3 guests (“Guests”). This includes 1-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper tickets for any Guests who are not Annual Passholders. The approximate retail value is $4,400.**
During the month of October, CHOC will ship each participant’s earned incentive(s) via United States Postal Service to the address provided during online registration.
* Team members earn incentives based on the amount of committed funds they have recorded by the closing date of 3:00 PM Pacific Time on Thursday, September 12, 2019 (the “Committed Funds”) and the amount of the Committed Funds actually collected and paid to CHOC by the collection deadline (the “Collected Funds”). All fundraising commitments must be delivered or paid to CHOC by 5:00 PM Pacific Time on or before September 12, 2019. Cash and checks can be mailed to the CHOC Foundation office and must be postmarked no later than September 12, 2019. CHOC will use the donation information and records of collected funds to determine which team members have earned incentives. Incentives may not be substituted or redeemed for cash. All incentives and information are subject to restrictions and change without notice. To earn the pin, a team member must have collected funds totaling a minimum of $150. Cinch bags will be sent to the first 250 team members who raise Collected Funds totaling a minimum of $225. Stainless steel water bottles will be sent to the first 150 team members who reach a total of $400 of Collected Funds, based on date and time received.
** The team member must be at least 21 years old, a resident of and physically located in the United States to be eligible to earn the Disneyland Resort hotel stay. The eligible team member with the highest Collected Funds will earn the one-night stay (standard room; quad occupancy). The eligible team member will be notified by letter at the address provided during online registration. The specific Disneyland Resort hotel will be chosen by Disney, pending availability. The Disneyland Resort hotel stay is non-transferable, and may not be used during peak holiday periods (including by way of example, but not by limitation: November 15 to 24, 2019, December 13, 2019 to January 16, 2020, April 12 to 26, 2020, May 24, 2020, and July 4, 2020. Stay must be booked and redeemed within one year of notification of earning the incentive or the incentive will be forfeited. The team member who earned the incentive must stay in the Disneyland Resort hotel room with his/her Guests. Any Guest who is a minor must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who is at least 21 years of age and who will be considered one of the team member’s Guests. Stay does not include transportation to the hotel, food, beverages, gratuities, room service, associated income taxes and all other expenses not explicitly stated as included. The VIP Tour must be scheduled on the day of the Disneyland Resort hotel stay or the day after. Annual Passholder blockout dates will apply, but 1-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets will be provided to the team member and his/her Guests as needed, if the VIP Tour is scheduled on an applicable Passport blockout date. The VIP Tour is limited to the team member and his/her Guests. Tour services are available during normal park operating hours only. All tour offerings, services and experiences are subject to availability, change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply. The team member is solely responsible for all taxes associated with this fundraising incentive and will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of this incentive; for a non-California resident team member, the failure to provide to Disney an amount necessary to cover the applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) will result in a forfeiture of the incentive.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself?
There are still fantastic 2019 packages available plus 2020 packages are now ready to book! Fill out our form below for your FREE, no-obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels!
Do you want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I also create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! Also, did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me on Facebook!