Disneyland To Celebrate 50 Years of Haunted Mansion With Special Ticketed VIP Event
Haunted Mansion at Disneyland Resort is going to be celebrating 50 years as one of Disney’s much-loved attractions this year and I think it’s safe to say the ride is a little bit “Under the Hill!” With that in mind, Disney is pulling out all the stop is planning a special VIP event to commemorate the occasion!
In August, visitors will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend one of the “The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving” events. These special ticketed after-hours events promise to be filled with chills, thrills and frightful fun. On offer will also be commemorative anniversary merchandise items, specially themed sips and bites. There will also be special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops and access to sever west-side theme park attractions.
- Petrifying Pleasures – Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off Moment along the Rivers of America. Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the ensuing party festivities, lovingly referred to as a “Swinging Wake.” Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
- Spirits Materialize – Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the attraction.
- Pay Homage to 50 Phenomenal Years – Keep your eyes peeled for paranormal décor from land to land as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrival.
- Look Alive – Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops.
- After Hours Access to Attractions – Throughout the event, enjoy some of the park’s most enchanted lands—including New Orleans Square, Critter Country, Frontierland and Adventureland—as well as attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Indiana Jones Adventure™ and Splash Mountain. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
- Dress Your Cadaverous Best – See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, limited-time Snapchat filters and event hashtags are great for pics posted on your social media feeds.
- Corpse-Lovin Keepsakes – In addition to a commemorative event memento, attendees will receive a guide map, event credential and unlimited downloads of Disney PhotoPass® photos taken during the event—included with each ticket. (Maps and credentials are limited to one per ticketed person.)
- Ghoulish Eats – Foolish mortals can enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
- Estate Merchandise – Pre-purchase select themed merchandise via the Random Selection Process from the Haunted Mansion’s 50th Anniversary Collection, in addition to discovering ghostly goodies at select locations in New Orleans Square. View the event merchandise catalogue to see what you might unearth!
Above you’ll see a sneak peek of some of the Haunted Mansion items you’ll find on offer during this special celebration. We’re absolutely smitten with the special Dooney & Bourke 50th Anniversary Haunted Mansion line!
The cost to attend the event is $299 per person with parties taking place on August 7, 8, and 9. It’s also important to note that guests are only allowed to purchase 1 ticket per person, per event date per transaction. This is due to the merchandise offerings that will be released in conjunction with the event.
A limited quantity of tickets for both event nights will be available beginning Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10 a.m. PT. Learn more about the event, details and pricing, including how to purchase tickets here.
Thinking about visit Disneyland? Getting started is EASY! Simply fill out our form below to get your FREE, no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook