Adventures by Disney Announces Egypt Itinerary, Growing Global Vacation Portfolio for 2020
A vacation of a lifetime is coming your way in 2020! Take an epic Adventures by Disney vacation to Egypt, where you’ll marvel at the gilded treasures of King Tutankhamun and the Great Pyramids at Giza, explore the sprawling capital of Cairo, visit magnificent destinations along the Nile River and bask on the beaches at Sharm El Sheikh along the Red Sea. You’ll be awed by the storied history of the people, places and cultures of this ancient country.
Egypt — New Adventure in 2020!
Enter the mysterious land of pharaohs, kings and wondrous archeological treasures on this amazing adventure over land, river and sea.
Become immersed in the rich history and vibrant culture of Egypt like only Adventures by Disney can do, as you cruise along the Nile River, explore the tombs in the Valley of the Kings, stand in awe at the Great Pyramids, relax in luxury at the Red Sea resort of Sharm El Sheik—and so much more!
Bookings will be open to the public on May 16. Keep reading to learn more, and stay tuned for additional details on our 2020 vacations in the coming weeks!
The Ultimate Egypt Experience – Transcending Time and Terrain
With Adventures by Disney, families will be immersed in the allure of both ancient and modern Egypt during a skillfully planned itinerary developed with the trusted family travel expertise of Disney. Highlights from the 10-day, nine-night Egypt vacation include:
- Visits to breathtaking ancient monuments with the expert guidance of a world-class Egyptologist. These include the world-famous pyramids and Sphinx of Giza; the Valley of the Kings and Tutankhamun’s tomb; and the temples of Luxor, Kom Ombo, Horus at Edfu, Philae and Karnak.
- Immersive experiences at the brand-new Grand Egyptian Museum, which opens to the public in 2020. Here, guests can embark on an interactive King Tut-themed treasure hunt or peruse the museum’s state-of-the-art exhibits at their leisure.
- Access to the inner wonders of the Great Pyramid of Giza during a tour of the burial chamber of Pharaoh Cheops.
- Interactive cultural activities, such as a chef-led cooking class on Egyptian specialties, a Nubian folkloric show and henna tattoo experience, and a hieroglyphic writing lesson.
- Picture-perfect outings in surreal settings, like a voyage on a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat, visits to lively local markets and a private beachside Bedouin-themed dinner.
- A three-night cruise along the Nile River with premium accommodations and themed entertainment, followed by a two-night stay at a luxurious beachside resort in Sharm El Sheikh, including a full day snorkeling excursion on a private boat to visit the famous coral reefs of the Red Sea.
We will offer 11 Egypt departures in 2020, five of which are reserved for adult travelers. The adult-only itinerary features an exclusive VIP tour of the conservation rooms at the Grand Egyptian Museum, where millennia-old artifacts lie uncovered and unrestored — a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Adventures by Disney guests.
New Experiences Offer Sophisticated Fun for Adults
As part of our expansion of adult-exclusive departures, new programming will be added to select itineraries in 2020 to further tailor the experience for adults. These vacations offer the all-inclusive, hassle-free fun of an Adventures by Disney trip for travelers seeking sophistication, variety and adventure.
New adult-exclusive programming includes the behind-the-scenes museum tour in Egypt; a ceviche cooking class and artisan beer tasting in Costa Rica; a culinary walking tour of Athens’ central market in Greece; a behind-the-scenes experience at a Sichuan “face-changing” opera in China; a premium five-course meal with cocktail pairings in Australia; mango-carving and coffee-tasting activities in Laos; and a private nighttime excursion in search of the Northern Lights in Iceland, among others.
Returning Adventures to the Old West, Far East and Beyond
Our 2020 itinerary lineup includes the return of popular itineraries around the globe, with more than 35 vacations on six continents currently available in the growing portfolio. The diverse mix of itineraries includes incredible international destinations such as Japan, South Africa, Peru and Scotland, as well as some of North America’s most iconic sites including Alaska, New York City, and Arizona and Utah. These purposefully designed, hassle-free vacation experiences provide unique opportunities for families to discover the world together, along with the expert services of two Disney-trained Adventure Guides.
We also continue to enhance existing itineraries with compelling new activities for guests to enjoy. During the Montana and Yellowstone National Park vacation — which transports guests to the Old West to witness spectacular natural wonders, go glamping under the stars and live large at a rustic dude ranch — new experiences in 2020 include a visit to the Norris Geyser Basin and one-night stay in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.
We also recently announced our most extensive season of European river cruises ever for 2020, including a brand-new vacation in southern France along the Rhone River. The record-breaking 27 departures also include itineraries on the Danube, Rhine and Seine rivers. Sailing with AmaWaterways, a premier luxury river cruise line, these all-inclusive vacations allow guests to explore the heart of Europe in a way that’s active, immersive and worry-free. River cruise adventures for 2020 are currently available for booking.
To learn more about Adventures by Disney or to book a vacation, visit adventuresbydisney.com, call 1-800-543-0865 or contact your MickeyTravels travel agent.