Can I Bring My Park Bag on Rides With Me or Do I Need at Locker?
If you’ve visited other theme parks you know that each different park has its own restrictions when it comes to carrying items on to attractions. For first time visitors unfamiliar with Walt Disney World you may be wondering if you need to stow your bags in lockers before jumping on attractions or if you can bring your items with you! We here at MickeyBlog want your Disney days to be a breeze and thought we’d give you the rundown on bringing bags on attractions.
Can I Bring My Park Bag or Diaper Bag On To Walt Disney World Attractions?
- Wear it, or place it on the seat or floor next to you. – You’ll find this option on slower moving rides like Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story Mania, Frozen Ever After.
- Stow Your Items in dedicated ride bins. Many of Disney’s rides will offer storage bins which can typically fit medium backpacks: These include Soarin’, DINOSAUR, MISSION:Space, and Flight of Passage.
- Place bag between your legs and under waist bar. – For some of Disney’s fast-paced attractions, you can stow your bags between your legs before waste bars are secured. This includes Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster.
Are There Lockers Near All of the Attractions If I Do Decide to Check My Bags?
No. Unlike Universal, there are not lockers adjacent to each of the attractions. The only exception to this is Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Because visitors get very wet on this ride you do have the option of utilizing the local lockers before hopping on board. The rental is free if only used while you ride the attraction. There is a fee for longer rentals. However, if you do decide you want a locker, each of the theme parks does have at least one locker station usually near the entrances of the parks. Here’s a look at where you can find them.
- Magic Kingdom – The locker rentals here can be found underneath the railway station to the right as you enter the park.
- Epcot – This theme park has two locker rental areas. The first is located at the International Gateway for those spending most of your time at the World Showcase. The other location is at the front entrance of the park in Future World near the Camera Center.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – For now there are two locker rental stations at Hollywood Studios. The first is located near the bus ranks before you enter the park. The second location Crossroads of the World as soon as you officially enter the park.
- Animal Kingdom – As mentioned above, there are two Animal Kingdom locker areas. The first is located adjacent to Kali River Rapids. The second is in the Oasis area of the park on the left-hand side near the entrance to the Rainforest Cafe.
What’s the Cost to Rent a Locker at Disney World’s Theme Parks?
For those opting to rent a locker Disney World’s locker rental stations will take a major credit card using the self-service kiosks. For guests paying with a MagicBand or gift card, you should visit the adjacent retail outlet for assistance. Select shops near the locker locations can process your retail and give you code to input in the lockers. The fee for a locker rental is as follows:
- Small Lockers- 12″ x 10″ x 17″ are available for $10 per day.
- Large Lockers -15.5″ x 13″ x 17″ are available for $12 per day.
- Jumbo Lockers –17″ x 22″ x 26″ are available for $15 per day.
Is It Okay to Leave Items In My Stroller While I Ride?
This is generally not a good idea! Though Disney does offer designated stroller parking areas near most major attractions these areas are not policed. I typically rent strollers directly from Disney when I visit but have had mine taken on several occasions and everything with them (the odd pair of sunglasses, souvenir cup etc.) Keep your valuables close at hand. Only leave items in the stroller that you won’t mind parting with should the unthinkable happen.
In Addition to My Backpack, I Have Lots of Souvenir Bags What Should I Do?
Many people don’t realize this but it ISN’T necessary to lug your goodies around Walt Disney World with you. For those staying onsite, one of the awesome perks of being a Disney resort guests is having your items packaged up and sent directly to your resort. They usually take a day to arrive and you can pick them up at your resort gift shop. Alternatively, both onsite and offsite guests can have packages sent to a designated area at the front of the park. This simply means that you can swing by on your way out and pick up your goodies!
We hope we’ve shed some insights in riding Walt Disney World attractions with your bags in tow! If you find planning info like this helpful, consider booking your next Walt Disney World getaway with the expert planners at MickeyTravels. Simply fill out our form below to receive your FREE, no-obligation quotes!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to assist you with everything from finding your perfect package to helping you plan lots of special touches to make your visit truly magical. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook